- Newcastle United are looking to reward exciting young midfielder Sean Longstaff with an improved contract.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy today revealed he wants the club’s new ground to host a future Champions League final.
- Antonio Rudiger is expected to still be available for the climax to Chelsea’s season despite suffering a knee injury against Liverpool on Sunday.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Alexis Sanchez has returned to action for Manchester United, and he has a new nickname to go along with it – El Chapo, to match his new moustache.
- Virgil van Dijk insists Liverpool are ready to last the pace in pursuit of a dream Premier League and Champions League double.
- Everton manager Marco Silva has waded into the debate over who is the best left-back in the city, backing his man, Lucas Digne, over Andy Robertson.
- Alex Neil has defended his decision to stay at Preston North End amid interest from West Brom, saying: “I would be a complete hypocrite if I left.”
- Dwight Gayle has already outlined his intention to remain at The Hawthorns beyond this season – but West Bromwich Albion could face competition for him in the summer.
- Liverpool star Andy Robertson has sent a message to Callum Hudson-Odoi after the pair met at Anfield on Sunday, saying that he will go on to big things in football.
- Ashley Williams is prepared to wait until the end of the season to sort out his own future.
- Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing’ will replace Z-Cars as the music played at Vicarage Road prior to Watford matches “from now on”.
- An image problem prevented Claude Puel from seeing through his Leicester City project, the former manager has sa0id.
- Leicester City have been linked with a big-money move for Ajax midfielder Hakim Ziyech.
- Brendan Rodgers has revealed how he hopes to improve ‘impressive’ midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.
- Jackson Irvine says he was always keen to complete the job of keeping Burton Albion in the Championship in 2016-17 – despite a lucrative offer from the Chinese Super League.
- Stuart Pearce believes Nottingham Forest need to stick by manager Martin O’Neill, and exercise some patience, rather than continue chopping and changing as they have done for a number of years.
- Middlesbrough are taking a closer look at a non-league winger Samuel Folarin, who has been handed a two-week trial at Rockliffe.
- Accrington Stanley’s owner Andy Holt has spoken of the plans in place for a new pitch at the Wham Stadium, but admits he didn’t want to rush in to it.
- Bristol City are reported to be chasing goalkeeper Joe Lumley, who was in high demand last summer, and spent half a season on loan at Bristol Rovers in 2016/17.
- Coventry City’s owners have not told the club whether they intend to drop legal action over the sale of the Ricoh.
EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS
- Craig Levein insists Hearts have no plans to cash in on burgeoning centre-back John Souttar this summer.