MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United may wait to sign Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini after learning they can trigger a £26.5m release clause if they table a bid at the end of the season.
- Reports claim David de Gea will sign a big-money deal with PSG when his Manchester United contract expires at the end of the season, which will earn him as much as £300,000 a week.
- Former Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has blamed Jose Mourinho for the bad-tempered El Clasico matches which became a staple of his time in Spain.
- West Ham defender Issa Diop has dismissed the praise of his performances this season and says he expects better from himself since his £24m move from Nice in the summer.
- West Ham have ruled out the prospect of Marko Arnautovic moving to Manchester United in January. The Austrian’s brother and agent Danijel has been quoted as saying he “needs to play at a top team”.
- Eden Hazard has all-but conceded defeat in the Premier League title race, by saying Chelsea are not thinking about being champions and know City “are better in a lot of things”.
- Charlie Adam, who has previously hit out at Liverpool midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri over the pair’s time together at Stoke City, has admitted being wrong about his credentials after watching the Swiss in action this season.
- Duncan Watmore is set to return from a year-long absence with injury when he plays for Sunderland’s U23s on Monday night.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Former West Brom defender Leon Barnett has been advised to retire from football due to the discovery of a heart condition.
- Ben Davies has admitted the abuse directed towards Tottenham team-mate Moussa Sissoko had an effect on the Frenchman.
- Barcelona could be without Luis Suarez when Tottenham travel to the Nou Camp next month for their Champions League group-stage clash.
- Tony Pulis said reported Liverpool target is not ready for the Premier League yet and should remain at Middlesbrough to continue his development.
- Derby County have been linked with a move for in-form Leyton Orient striker Macauley Bonne. The 23-year-old has scored 16 goals for the National League leaders, including 13 in his last 13.
- Brighton’s prolific U23 striker Aaron Connolly says he is happy to go out on loan in January if he cannot force his way into the club’s first-team plans.