Nike ‘Deeply Concerned’ By ‘Disturbing’ Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Claims

share on:

Sportswear giants NIKE has said it is “deeply concerned” by what it called the “disturbing” rape allegations facing Cristiano Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo has vehemently denied claims that he attacked model Kathryn Mayorga in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.

The statement, issued by Nike on Thursday, is the first intervention by one of the star’s major commercial partners since the bombshell allegations emerged on Saturday.

Nike signed up Ronaldo for a lifetime sponsorship deal at the end of 2016 reportedly worth £760million.

In the email tonight, the firm said: “We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation.”

Cristiano Ronaldo has branded the allegations as “fake news”.

Earlier this week the charity Save The Children said it was “disheartened” by the claims and is “working to get more information”.

TheTega

TheTega

"Tega is a writer/OAP, Lover of all things Tech, Sports and TV Series"

Leave a Response

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.