Daily Roundup: Latest Football News Content Across Europe

share on:

taly

Napoli’s £88m asking price for centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly has not deterred Barcelona, who are willing to spend big to solve their defensive problems. With Samuel Umtiti out with a knee injury the Spanish champions are looking to the transfer market for solutions. Napoli placed the hefty price tag on their star defender in the hope it would deter the Catalan club. (Corriere dello Sport)

Manuel Pellegrini has denied that West Ham are interested in Roma striker Edin Dzeko. The Bosnian striker has been linked with a return to the Premier League with Pellegrini’s side just one of the clubs named. Southampton, Crystal Palace and Cardiff City were also linked with a move for the former Manchester City forward. (Corriere dello Sport)

Former Liverpool attacking midfielder Suso has stirred the pot ahead of Sunday’s Milan derby with an admission that Internazionale were interested in signing him. “They wanted me in 2017 and even the summer just gone, but I never thought about changing clubs,” he said. The Spaniard has been one of Milan’s best players this season, notching up two goals and six assists, and says he was also a Barcelona and Manchester City transfer target. (Tuttosport)

Spain

Michael Laudrup has contacted Real Madrid regarding the possibility of managing them in the future. Current Bernabeu boss Julen Lopetegui, who only took over this summer, is under pressure having won only four of the club’s opening eight games. Laudrup left Qatar based side Al-Rayyan this year and has previous experience managing in Spain with Mallorca. (Telemadrid TV)

Real Madrid risk upsetting new signing Vinicius Junior if they prevent him from joining up with Brazil for the upcoming South American U20 Championship. The tournament begins in January, but as it is not part of the official FIFA calendar Real are refusing to let their young forward join up with his team. (Marca)

France

Anthony Martial has rejected a number of offers from Manchester United, who are trying to tie him down to a longer-term deal with his current contract expiring in 2020. The club will continue to negotiate but so far the man they signed from Monaco for £38m hasn’t been willing to commit his long-term future to a club where he is not a first-choice player under Jose Mourinho. (RMC Sport)

Chelsea made a move for Juventus centre-back Daniele Rugani this summer, according to the player’s agent, Davide Torchia. The London club tabled a bid for the Italian defender which the Italian champions didn’t accept. “Chelsea made a very strong push to negotiate, Juve evaluated it, but the player never asked to leave,” said Torchia. The player and his agent are, however, looking to extend his current deal and hope contract talks will start in the not too distant future. (RMC Sport)

TheTega

TheTega

"Tega is a writer/OAP, Lover of all things Tech, Sports and TV Series"

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.