LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Wilfried Zaha has rocked Crystal Palace after indicating for the first time that he wants to leave Selhurst Park.
- Fulham are eyeing a move for Besiktas goalkeeper Fabri, with the Turkish club lining up Arsenal’s David Ospina as his replacement.
- Real Madrid are preparing to make an opening £112million offer for Chelsea star Eden Hazard.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Pep Guardiola insisted he is not disappointed that the ‘exceptional’ Jorginho has signed for Chelsea. Pep Guardiola has praised Joe Hart’s professionalism during pre-season training. And the Manchester City manager has made it plain that if the club cannot find a deal for the keeper – permanent or loan – he will be happy to keep him in his squad.
- Marco Silva has told Ademola Lookman he is wanted at Everton despite RB Leipzig trying to prise him from Goodison. The Blues have rejected an approach from the Bundesliga outfit and insist the 20-year-old winger is not for sale.
- Oumar Niasse is part of Marco Silva’s plans at Everton.
- Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez does want defensive reinforcements – but a deal for free agent Diego Reyes is looking unlikely at this stage.
- Sunderland are close to sealing a deal for former Sheffield Wednesday defender Glenn Loovens.
- West Brom winger James McClean is close to a move to Championship rivals Stoke City, BirminghamLive understands – and Albion are close to sorting an immediate replacement.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Xia appears set to relinquish control of Villa to an Egyptian consortium – and a deal could be finalised in the next 24 hours.
- Chris Brunt hopes fellow long-serving midfielder James Morrison will be able to earn a new contract at Albion.
- Stoke City are closing in on three signings – Tom Ince, James Chester and James McClean – as Gary Rowett tries to get deals over the line before the season opener at Leeds.
- Ben Brereton is confident missing the bulk of Nottingham Forest’s pre-season will not have an adverse effect when the new Championship campaign gets underway.
- Claude Puel’s side will have to stump up the cash if they are to land Germany left-back Marvin Plattenhardt. City have been linked with the 26-year-old this summer and reports in Germany claim Hertha Berlin are willing to let Plattenhardt go for the right price, which is said to be €25m (£22.3m).
- Reported Leicester City target Djene Dakonam has asked his club Getafe to reject offers from the Premier League. City were linked with a £25million move for the defender earlier this week.