MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are the bookmakers’ favourites to sign Mateo Kovacic this summer.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Barcelona have made an offer worth £53m for Chelsea’s Brazil winger Willian. The La Liga club have been linked with Eden Hazard in recent weeks, but they can’t afford the Belgium international, who is valued well in excess of £100m.
- Wayne Rooney has admitted he is still unsure as to why Everton wanted to him to leave the club this summer.
- Jordan Pickford has revealed he would love to earn the golden glove award at this year’s World Cup, and wants to play in England’s match against Belgium to help his case.
- Newcastle’s hopes of signing Andros Townsend will hinge on whether or not Stoke City can agree on a deal for Matt Ritchie.
- Newcastle have not made a move for Dutch international Georginio Wijnaldum – despite reports in Turkey linking them with the former Toon star.
- Freddie Woodman will wait until later in pre-season to see what his next move is after returning to first-team training with Newcastle.
- Young Sunderland goalkeeper Michael Woud has left Wearside to join Eredivisie side Willem II.
- Joel Asoro’s Sunderland exit is expected to be complete on Friday. The young Swedish starlet is expected at Swansea’s training base early on Friday morning to undergo his medical.
- Trabzonspor say they are not interested in Sunderland’s Papy Djilobodji. The Turkish side have been linked with both Djilobodji and midfielder Didier Ndong in recent days, and Sunderland are only too keen to offload the pair after they stayed away from pre-season training when the remainder of the squad reported back.
- Former Sunderland midfielder Darron Gibson is training with Wigan Athletic as he looks to get his career back on track.
- Wahbi Khazri’s move from Sunderland to Saint-Etienne is ’90 per cent done’ – with just some minor contract issues to resolve.
- Mile Jedinak is the latest Aston Villa player to be linked with a move away from the club. Reports in Australia suggest that the midfield enforcer has held talks with other clubs and has an agreement in place to move on.
- Birmingham City will reportedly pursue Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Ben Amos if they fail in their bid to sign Bartosz Bialkowski from Ipswich Town.
- West Bromwich Albion will not be held to ransom over James McClean and will not accept anything less than £6m.
- Prince Oniangue has left Wolverhampton Wanderers to join SM Caen. The midfielder, who spent the second half of last season out on loan, has sealed a permanent switch to the French Ligue 1 side after two years with Wolves.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Kyle Bartley is expected to complete his move to Albion in the next 24 hours after the Baggies agreed a £4m fee with Swansea City for the defender.
- West Brom are planning to approach Derby with an offer for former loanee Matej Vydra if they lose Salomon Rondon or Jay Rodriguez.
- Charlie Adam was put on the spot about his Stoke City future – and a possible return to first club Rangers – when he returned to Ibrox as a pundit last night.
- Badou Ndiaye is ready to take a hefty pay cut to smooth his return to Turkish champions Galatasaray.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City could be set to lose out on Liverpool youngster Harry Wilson this summer, according to reports.
- Leicester City must move quickly to secure the future of Harry Maguire, former City striker Tony Cottee has warned.
- Nottingham Forest could be facing some stiff competition if they still wish to pursue Middlesbrough defender Fabio Da Silva.
- Nottingham Forest are still planning to send ‘amazing’ Ryan Yates out on loan to continue his development – but will wait to see if they land another midfielder before allowing him to depart.
- Derby County forward Lewis Walker is training with Chesterfield ahead of a possible loan move, according to reports.
- Premier League side Huddersfield Town are being linked with a move for Middlesbrough’s explosive winger Adama Traore.
- Bradford striker Charlie Wyke is the subject of a £500,000 bid from League One rivals Peterborough United.
- Mark Hughes admits he is ‘very close’ to having the Saints squad he wants for next season, ahead of taking his summer spending to more than £50m.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- West Ham United are set to step up their pursuit of Swansea City centre-back Alfie Mawson after their attempt to sign Newcastle United’s Jamaal Lascelles was stopped dead and Winston Reid suffered injury.
- Claims that Watford have rejected a bid in excess of £20m from Everton for Abdoulaye Doucoure are wide of the mark.
- Watford have joined Burnley in expressing an interest in Zamalek’s Tarek Hamed.
- Bursaspor manager Samet Aybaba has confirmed the club are interested in Watford striker Stefano Okaka, but admits forcing a deal could prove testing.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Leeds United are set to sign goalkeeper Jamal Blackman on loan from Chelsea.
- Brighton are keen on Mali international midfielder Yves Bissouma from French Ligue 1 club Lille.
- West Brom are considering a bid for Newcastle United midfielder Rolando Aarons.