- Liverpool have been linked with move for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira as an alternative to Jorginho.
- Philippe Coutinho will receive a medal following Liverpool’s Champions League final against Real Madrid in Kiev. Anfield officials have decided that the Brazilian’s contribution to the campaign should be recognised, despite the fact he left for Barcelona in a £142m move back in January.
- Everton remain intent on naming Marco Silva as their new manager.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Pep Guardiola has placed Riyad Mahrez above Isco in his bid to strengthen Manchester City’s attack this summer.
- Shakhtar Donetsk have confirmed they rejected a bid from Manchester City for Fred in January.
- Meanwhile, Fred claims his representatives held ‘advanced talks’ with Manchester United after a January transfer window move to City collapsed.
- Manchester United are continuing to make discreet enquiries about a possible striker signing as they seek back-up for Romelu Lukaku.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Maurizio Sarri will ask Chelsea to sign a number of Napoli players if the Italian succeeds his fellow countryman Antonio Conte as coach.
- Ben Davies has welcomed Mauricio Pochettino’s new five-year deal as “great news” in trying to move Tottenham to the next level.
- Unai Emery impressed the trio who selected him as the new Arsenal manager with his detailed knowledge of the likes of Ainsley Maitland-Niles, according to chief executive Ivan Gazidis.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s final transfer budget at West Ham will depend on how many unwanted players the club can move on this summer. There have been suggestions that the new Hammers boss will have around £75m to spend on what he has estimated as “four or five” new recruits but it is understood that player sales will contribute to the overall pot.
- Arsenal loanee Takuma Asano says he is ready to go “full throttle” to prove his worth in the Bundesliga after joining Hannover on loan for next season.
- Wolves have reportedly joined the race to sign Moussa Marega after the Porto striker’s asking price was dropped to £26m.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Wolves may have to wait to make their first splash in the transfer market this summer, sporting director Kevin Thelwell believes.
- Technical consultant Giuliano Terraneo will spearhead Albion’s summer recruitment while seeing out his short-term contract.
- Chancel Mbemba is on the radar of Champions League-bound German side Hoffenheim with his time at Newcastle United looking likely to end this summer.
- Stoke City could eventually bank around £10.5m from the sale of flop Kevin Wimmer, according to reports in Germany.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull have been named as one of the clubs reportedly chasing PAOK defender Dimitrios Chatziisaias this summer.
- Hull City are also reportedly keen on signing Scunthorpe United youngster Hakeeb Adelakun this summer.
- Sporting Lisbon want to re-sign Leicester City striker Islam Slimani, according to reports in Portugal.
- Nottingham Forest have begun work to sign Lee Tomlin on a permanent basis from Cardiff City, with early talks understood to have been held over a return to the City Ground next season.
- Frank Lampard is reported to have held talks with Derby County over the vacant manager’s job at Pride Park.
- Derby County are being linked with a move for Dundee midfielder Glen Kamara. The 22-year-old has attracted interest from the Rams, along with Swansea City, Celtic and Rangers.
- Jonathan Walters has admitted he could leave Burnley this summer in the search of regular football.
- Leeds United, Middlesbrough, Leicester City and Stoke City are tracking highly-rated AFC Fylde teenage midfielder Serhat Tasdemir.
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe paid tribute to “brilliant” Rhoys Wiggins after the full-back today announced his retirement.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek has said he wished he had gone on loan earlier in his career.
- Brighton have added Yeovil prospect Joseph Tomlinson to their promoted U23s.
- Celtic defender Erik Sviatchenko is on the brink of agreeing a move to Danish outfit FC Midtjylland.