MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Man City are poised to snap up Leicester ace Riyad Mahrez as their first signing of the summer.
- Manchester United were plotting their latest move for Gareth Bale as recently as December.
- Mason Greenwood – Manchester United’s hot prospect – has been voted the ICGT player of the tournament after firing United to a 1-0 win against Real Madrid in the final.
- Manchester City will discover over the next week if their move for Jorginho is on.
- Meanwhile, City have been handed a setback in their rumoured pursuit of Milan Skriniar, according to reports.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Newcastle captain Jamal Lascelles has been linked with the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham but is in no rush to jump ship.
- Tottenham have made Anthony Martial a key summer transfer target as they look to refresh their forward line.
- Chelsea have yet to make an official approach for Maurizio Sarri as the Napoli coach considers a move to Zenit St Petersburg.
- Christian Pulisic has refused to comment on rumours of a move to Liverpool this summer.
- Daniel Sturridge has broken his silence on Twitter to hit back at suggestions he has fallen out to Jurgen Klopp.
- Mexico winger Hirving Lozano has refused to rule out a move to Everton this summer – but insists his focus now is on the World Cup.
- Leicester City will reportedly demand in excess of £17.5million for Islam Slimani this summer – ending any slim hopes the striker may have had about returning to Newcastle United.
- Newcastle United are hoping to slice a huge chunk from their wage budget this summer by moving on some big earners.
- Sunderland’s new owner will have to look further afield for a new manager with outstanding candidate Chris Wilder reportedly set to commit his future to Sheffield United.
- Stewart Donald has refused to rule out a sensational return to Sunderland for former manager Chris Coleman.
- The latest name being linked with a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers this summer is Jose Sa.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Jordan Graham and Sylvain Deslandes will remain at Wolves after the club triggered options to extend their contracts.
- West Ham are reportedly eyeing up the £16.5million relegation release clause that will let them sign Albion striker Salomon Rondon.
- A statue of Sir Jack Hayward will be unveiled outside Molineux next month, Wolves have announced.
- Leicester City’s defensive recruitment drive continues with the pursuit of Barcelona’s Brazilian defender Marlon, according to reports.
- Leicester City are trying to sign both Jonny Evans and Aleksandar Dragovic this summer.
- Hull City have turned down two bids for Nottingham Forest target Max Clark.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City will be prepared to cash in on winger Kamil Grosicki this summer – but only if the price is right after next month’s World Cup finals.
- Leeds United are competing to sign Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn on a season-long loan.
- Brighton remain keen to add Deportivo striker Florin Andone to their strikeforce.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Steve McClaren says he believes QPR are now in a position to move forward after a period “in recovery”.