Barcelona Won’t Be Able To Bring in Arthur Before December – Gremio President Romildo Bolzan

share on:

Gremio president Romildo Bolzan has rejected claims that Brazilian midfielder Arthur will be allowed to join Barcelona before December.

Barcelona reached an agreement with the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A side earlier this year over a price for Arthur, which could rise to around £35m.

Following Andres Iniesta‘s departure this week, Barcelona chief Josep Maria Bartomeu hinted that the Catalan giants would hand over the agreed sum and bring the 21-year-old to Camp Nou this summer.

Bolzan insists that Arthur is staying put until the end of the Brazilian football season, though, unless his contract is bought out in full.

“There’s no chance that Arthur leaves the club in the coming months because it’s already written down,” he told Sport.

“There’s a contract signed and that is not a possibility. Barcelona have never brought to the table any interest in signing Arthur halfway through the [Brazilian] season.

“The only right that Barca have is an option to buy him, in which case they must do the transaction before July 15.”

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu said earlier this this week that his club would act on the 21-year-old when the coaching staff found it appropriate.

“He’s a footballer for whom we have a purchase option and, when the coaches believe he should come, we will execute this option,” Bartomeu said.

TheTega

TheTega

"Tega is a writer/OAP, Lover of all things Tech, Sports and TV Series"

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.