Eight Women Accuse Morgan Freeman Of Sexual Harassment

share on:
8 Women Accuse Morgan Freeman Of Sexual Harassment

Multiple women are accusing Morgan Freeman of sexual misconduct, CNN reported Thursday.

Sixteen people — eight of whom say they were victims — described a variety of troubling behaviour on production sets or on promotional tours over Morgan’s career.

The cable network quoted a young production assistant who says Morgan harassed her over a period of months in the summer of 2015, while she was working on his bank heist comedy “Going in Style.”

She accuses Freeman of touching her repeatedly, resting his hand on her lower back or rubbing her lower back without permission, and frequently making comments about her appearance.

The woman said Freeman, who turns 80 next week, continually tried to lift her skirt and kept asking if she was wearing underwear.

Actor Alan Arkin “made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn’t know what to say,” the woman said.

A senior member of the “Now You See Me” (2013) production staff told CNN team members knew “not to wear any top that would show our breasts, not to wear anything that would show our bottoms,” or any fitted clothes, if Freeman was coming by them.

Freeman is the latest in a litany of Hollywood celebrities and other high-profile public figures accused of sexual misconduct since revelations about alleged serial abuser Harvey Weinstein sparked the #MeToo movement last year.

He is also accused of staring at women’s breasts, asking a woman how she felt about sexual harassment and asking women to twirl for him.

CNN emailed a “detailed list” of the accusations against Freeman but his spokespeople have not commented. AFP reached out separately but there was no immediate response.

 

Morgan Freeman Apologises:

The Oscar-winning actor apologized on Thursday to anyone who may have felt “uncomfortable or disrespected” by his behavior, after CNN reported that multiple women have accused the A-list actor of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior on movie sets and in other professional settings.

“Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy,” the actor, now 80, said in a statement sent to The Associated Press by his publicist, Stan Rosenfield. “I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.”

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.