THE DAILY ECHO
- Sofiane Boufal remained absent from training today at Southampton amid rumours of a bust-up with manager Mark Hughes.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Roy Keane insists Mo Salah still has more to prove if he wants to be compared with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- Southampton right-back Cedric Soares is being ‘looked at’ as a possible right-back addition for Manchester United.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Sol Campbell heaped praise on Arsene Wenger as he declared it is finally time to appreciate what the Frenchman has done for Arsenal and football.
- Rangers want Steven Gerrard as their new manager – prompting the tantalising prospect of the Liverpool legend going up against his former boss Brendan Rodgers next season.
- Everton are looking at the South American transfer market for potential summer signings.
- “Came as a saviour but leaves as a failure,” Greek website SDNA has delivered a stinging analysis of Kevin Mirallas’ loan at Olympiakos, a spell which looks like seeing the forward return to Everton this summer.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold says Liverpool will aim to reach the Champions League final for stricken Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
- Rafa Benitez was looking at Hull City’s Abel Hernandez who will be available on a free transfer this summer.
- Mike Ashley is understood to be ready to tell potential Newcastle United suitors that any nine-figure offer for the club this summer should “start with a four”.
- Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain has defended his decision to sell goalkeeper Vito Mannone last summer.
- Chris Coleman has slammed Sunderland flop Jack Rodwell.
- Jay Rodriguez, Matt Phillips and Craig Dawson are all said to be wanted by Burnley this summer.
- Olympiakos are readying a bid of €3m for West Brom striker Hal Robson-Kanu this summer, according to reports in the Greek press.
- Paul Lambert says a couple of goalsorers will be his priority when he starts a re-building job at Stoke City this summer… whatever division they are in.
- Port Vale striker Dan Turner has the potential to be a success at Vale Park, says captain and top scorer Tom Pope.
- Ahmed Musa, Andy King and Islam Slimani may have played their final game for Leicester City.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Leeds United playmaker Pablo Hernandez say he wants to “achieve something” at a “special club” after putting pen to paper on a new two-year contract at Elland Road.
- Dale Stephens is happy his Premier League dream has been fulfilled with Albion – after pushing for a move to Burnley.
- Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans has revealed that he plans to appoint a new Blues boss “towards the end of May or early in June”.
- Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner has played down speculation linking him with a summer move to Premier League giants Chelsea.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- QPR have recalled goalkeeper Joe Lumley from his loan spell at Blackpool after Matt Ingram was ruled out of Rangers’ game against Birmingham City this weekend.