Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min Sad After UEFA Champions League Loss Vs Juventus

share on:

Tottenham winger Son Heung-min has claimed that they “deserved more” after losing out 4-3 on aggregate to Juventus in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Son Heung-Min had put Spurs into a 3-2 lead at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday night, only for second-half goals from Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala putting the Italian giants through to the quarter-finals.

However, while admitting that he had been left feeling “sad” by his club’s elimination, Son has said that Spurs deserved to progress after ‘dominating’ for much of the game in North London.

The 25-year-old told beIN Sports: “We are sad. Everyone is disappointed. I think we deserved more than this. We dominated the game. We had lots of chances to score. I feel just sad.”

“Sometimes you score goals, and concede a goal. But we dominated the game from the start. In the first half, we had lots of chances to score. And they scored two goals in, I don’t know, five minutes. We need to accept the result but I think we deserved more than this.”



"Tega is a writer/OAP, Lover of all things Tech, Sports and TV Series"

Leave a Reply