The Government of Benue State has announced the cancellation of the planned mass burial for the victims of a recent herdsmen/farmers clash in Omusu village in Okpokwu Local Government Area of the state which left about 24 people dead.
The Government had earlier said it would hold mass burial for the 24 victims of the Omusu Edimoga herdsmen attack on Friday.
Governor Samuel Ortom made the announcement for the burial during his visit to Omusu Edimoga in Okpokwu Local Government Area of the state, where the attack took place on Monday, March 5, 2018.
However, in a press statement issued on Friday by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, the governor said:
“There won’t be mass burial of victims of the Fulani herdsmen attacks in Okpokwu tomorrow. A church service followed by burial of the victims will take place on Thursday next week in Okpokwu.
Pls spare a moment tonight and pray for the innocent souls.”
Meanwhile, the State Governor has announced that President Muhammad Buhari will be visiting the state on Monday.