Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has dismissed speculation linking him with the managerial vacancy at Everton
Diego Simeone insisted that Atletico Madrid would have to “put up with him” for at least another two years.
The Argentinian had been reported as a target for the Premier League club, who sacked Dutch coach Ronald Koeman last month after a poor start to the season.
Simeone is under contract with Atletico until 2020, and told the Spanish media at a news conference to preview Saturday’s match against Real Madrid that he was not considering leaving.
“As I’ve said on various occasions, my future is tied to Atletico. They are going to have to put up with me for the next couple of years at least. I’m absolutely sure about that.”