Pep Guardiola is keen to make further additions to his Manchester City squad before the end of the transfer window.
Guardiola has spent more than £200m already this summer and smashed the world-record fee for a defender when he signed Kyle Walker from Tottenham in a £50m deal last month. But Guardiola’s summer spending is not complete, although he concedes Manchester City will not approach future transfer windows the same way.
“There is still 20 days left and there will be more transfers,” he told reporters ahead of City’s season-opener at Brighton on Saturday.
“Hopefully, next season I’ll be here, and now we’re not going to spend how we have spent this season I assure you that.
City were many bookmakers’ favourites for the title last season but finished 15 points behind champions Chelsea and Guardiola said he gives little attention to such labels and claimed he felt under no more pressure despite a trophyless debut campaign.
“Last season we were [favourites] too and we finished 15 points behind,” Guardiola said. “Last season in my first press conference we were the favourites so nothing has changed. I was confident last season, too.
“It’s the same pressure as I had last season. We are here to win the games and titles. I’m honest in my job. I will do my best like I did last season. If the club decides he is not able, we are going to take a solution. I feel the same pressure as Barcelona when I arrived.