The Ondo State House of Assembly yesterday, August 15, confirmed the 18 commissioner nominees forwarded to the legislature by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.
It was gathered that the commissioners were last week screened behind closed doors in batches by a committee of the house headed by the Deputy Speaker, Odundeji Iroju.
They were cleared 15 days after their names were read by the Assembly clerk, Bode Akinyelu, during a plenary session on August 1, 2017, after being received from the governor.
The deputy speaker, who presented the committee’s report, said the nominees have the requisite and educational qualifications to be appointed as commissioners.
“So, honorable colleagues and members of this 8th Assembly, the committee has done the needful,” he said, while recommending that the house approve the report of the committee and confirm all of them.
The confirmation was however secured through a voice vote after the speaker had put out the question.
The nominees are:
(1) Femi Agagu, (Okitipupa)
(2) Gboyega Adefarati, (Akoko South West)
(3) Taofeek Abdusalam (Akoko North East)
(4) Yemi Olowolabi, (Idanre)
(5) Wale Akinterinwa, ( Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo)
(6) Wahab Adegbenro (Ifedore)
(7) Solagbade Amodeni, (Akoko South East)
(8) Rasheed Badmus, (Akoko North West)
(9) Omowumi Olatunji (Akure South)
(10) Emmanuel Igbasan, (Irele)
(11) Funso Esan, (Ilaje)
(12) Olurimisi Ismaila, (Odigbo)
(13) Saka Yusuf Ogunleye, (Akure North)
(14) Ojogo Donald (Ese-Odo)
(15) Bayonle Ademodi, (Ondo East)
(16) Lola Fagbemi, (Ondo West)
(17) Timilehin Adelegbe, (Ose)
(18) Kole Olawoye, (Owo)
It is understood that the 18 nominees are expected to be sworn-in and assigned their portfolios on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.