- Southampton have effectively ended Liverpool’s hopes of signing Virgil van Dijk with a strong statement of intent – saying that the Dutchman is going nowhere.
- Liverpool have turned their attention to Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United are interested in signing Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain.
- West Ham are not interested in signing Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham will eject any Chelsea fans found in the ‘home sections’ for this Sunday’s Premier League match at Wembley.
- RB Leipzig forward Oliver Burke has attracted ‘concrete interest’ from Crystal Palace, according to reports in Germany.
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote plans to sack Arsene Wenger if his long-promised takeover of Arsenal is ever successful.
- Newcastle are trying to sign Chelsea youngster Kenedy after welcoming Joselu to the club in a £5m deal.
- French side Lyon are reported to be keeping tabs on Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong.
- Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed that a deal is in place for Ryan Shotton to join Middlesbrough – but has reiterated that the move won’t go through until he has defensive reinforcements in place.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers are one of a number of clubs to have taken an interest Le Havre forward Nathael Julan.
- Stoke City face a double brake on their interest in Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Southampton are leading the movement to have the Premier League transfer window close before the start of the season.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Leonid Slutsky has hinted that move for Leicester City’s Ahmed Musa is possible this summer.
- Anthony Knockaert says it was an “easy decision” to stay even longer with Brighton & Hove Albion.
- George Hirst will be allowed to leave Hillsborough on loan to further his football education after he has signed an Owls contract extension.
- Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has reiterated his desire to make further signing after losing Richard Stearman to injury in Tuesday’s defeat at Cardiff.
- Stuart Armstrong is expected to sign a new deal with Celtic before Friday.