LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Some senior Tottenham players have grown frustrated with the club’s stringent wage structure. It is understood that certain members of the squad are perplexed that the wage ceiling at clubs like West Ham and Crystal Palace is relatively high.
- Jack Wilshere is set to step up his recovery by returning to action at Under-23 level as he bids to salvage his Arsenal career.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Celtic have continued their charm offensive with Patrick Roberts amid uncertainty over the Manchester City player’s future.
- Ralf Rangnick has admitted Liverpool transfer target Naby Keita does have a release clause that will enable him to leave RB Leipzig for a knockdown price next summer.
- Newcastle United have made a loan bid for Chelsea youngster Kenedy as they look to bolster their squad in time for the first game of the season.
- Simon Grayson will lay down a marker to his Sunderland squad by giving George Honeyman another chance to impress in the first XI.
- More new signings will have a two-pronged benefit for West Bromwich Albion, club captain Jonny Evans reckons.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Jordan Amavi and Leandro Bacuna are both closing in on exits from Aston Villa.
- Sheffield United have made an approach for Wolves utility man Conor Coady.
- Giannelli Imbula looks set to join Monaco on season-long loan early next week in a move that could spell the end of his time at Stoke City.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Jan Bednarek insists that Saints’ preparations for the Premier League season have not been hampered by Virgil van Dijk’s ongoing transfer saga.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Leonid Slutsky believes the addition of Seb Larsson ensures Hull City have the perfect blend of experience and youth.
- Tony Mowbray is hopeful of adding a new midfielder to his Blackburn ranks as he looks to increase competition in that area of the park.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City are set to kick-off the new Premier League season without Gylfi Sigurdsson – regardless of whether his proposed £50m transfer to Everton goes through.
- Lucas Piazon declared his love for Fulham after scoring on his first start since returning to the club on loan from Chelsea against Wycombe.
- Derby County manager Gary Rowett says the club has “lots” of bids in for players as they look to add to the squad before the transfer window closes.
- Derby County face competition from Burnley and Fulham in a bid to sign Callum Robinson from Preston North End.
- Former Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers has admitted interest from his old club during the January transfer window “messed with my head”.
- Nottingham Forest will not change their style of play or mentality as they adjust to life without Britt Assombalonga, says Mark Warburton.
- Outgoing Middlesbrough midfielder Marten de Roon says he can’t wait to finalise his “amazing” return to Atalanta over the next 24 hours.
- Middlesbrough are confident they have fought off late competition from Championship rivals Reading and Birmingham to sign Chelsea talent Lewis Baker on loan.
- Peter Hartley believes the competition for places at Blackpool will help take the club forward this season.
- Sheffield United remain hopeful of luring their top transfer targets, including Blackburn Rovers defender Darragh Leninhan and Southend captain Ryan Leonard, to Bramall Lane.
- Hearts will begin the interview process to find Ian Cathro’s successor before the end of this week after wading through a swathe of applications for the post. Owner Ann Budge and director of football Craig Levein have been inundated with interest in the vacancy, with high profile names such as Steve McClaren, Edgar Davids and Aidy Boothroyd showing an interest.
- Kolo Toure has been appointed as a coach with the Ivory Coast national team after his contract with Celtic expired.