LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea outcast Diego Costa faces even greater uncertainty over his future after Diego Simeone hinted Atletico Madrid would not be making a move for their former striker.
- Gary Cahill admits Chelsea cannot afford to lose key players to injury as he suggested a lack of numbers in the squad is a concern ahead of the new Premier League season.
- Arsene Wenger admits his overloaded Arsenal squad is in need of a trim as he enters the final weeks of the transfer window.
- Crystal Palace are set to complete the loan signing of Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United have reportedly been given a big boost in the pursuit of Real Madrid star Gareth Bale .
- Liverpool are making a mistake refusing to bring Mamadou Sakho back into the first-team squad – according to former midfielder Momo Sissoko.
- Hoffenheim are sweating on the fitness of striker Sandro Wagner ahead of next week’s Champions League play-off with Liverpool.
- Sunderland will this week step-up their pursuit of Jordan Hugill and Ross McCormack after earning funds from the sale of Jeremain Lens.
- Meanwhile, Sunderland are insisting they have done a better deal for Jeremain Lens than has been reported in Turkey.
- Birmingham City are rivalling Bristol City for the signature of Luton Town striker Isaac Vassell, according to reports.
- Four clubs have tabled offers for Jordan Amavi according to Aston Villa’s owner Dr Tony Xia.
- James Chester reckons Aston Villa have the strongest squad in the Championship and is hoping his defensive partnership with John Terry is the recipe for success.
- Tony Pulis has defended his selective approach to signings and believes West Bromwich Albion must learn from the mistakes of the scattergun era.
- Hull City are interested in snapping up Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Andy Lonergan, according to reports.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Sheffield Wednesday’s Jordan Rhodes is among the options being considered by Wolves as an alternative to Southampton striker Sam Gallagher.
- Leicester City’s Ahmed Musa is reportedly wanted by West Brom manager Tony Pulis.
- Aston Villa, Barnsley, Sheffield United and Sunderland are interested in signing Huddersfield Town’s Joe Lolley on loan.
- Newcastle’s offer for Stoke striker Joselu wasn’t anywhere near a reported £12m.
- Reports in Holland say Stoke have finally reached an agreement to sign Bruno Martins Indi from Porto.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has hinted Hull City target Ryan Kent could be set to stay at Anfield this season.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mauricio Pellegrino insists Southampton remain ambitious in their desire to improve the squad.
- Barnsley head coach Paul Heckingbottom says that the Reds are ‘really close’ to landing four new players to boost his squad ranks.
- Brentford’s Tom Field is set to join Bradford City on loan until January 2018.
- Leicester City’s Matty James has played his way into strong contention to start the opening game of the season at Arsenal.
- New Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho will be eased in to the new season, manager Craig Shakespeare has said.
- Everton striker Ademola Lookman is on Derby County’s list of loan targets.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will not make a return to first-team action until mid-September at the earliest, according to head coach Paul Clement.
- Neil Warnock is reluctant to allow Stuart O’Keefe to leave Cardiff City with the boss wary of leaving himself with a threadbare squad.
GET WEST LONDON
- Dean Smith has insisted that Brentford will not be welcoming any offers or enquiries for any of their leading players.
- Manager Paul Warne is hoping to reinforce his Rotherham United backline with two new recruits this week.