MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has yet to confirm his next move after leaving Manchester United but AC Milan have joined the list of clubs interested in signing him.
- Liverpool scuppered Manchester City’s move for promising young forward Cengiz Under, the player himself claims.
- Pep Guardiola played down the significance of leaving Claudio Bravo and Samir Nasri out of his Manchester City squad to take on West Ham.
- Josh Harrop has revealed he did not speak to Jose Mourinho before he left Manchester United but insists he ‘owes him a lot’ for giving him his debut.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea hope Southampton will choose to negotiate with them over Liverpool if they decide to sell Virgil van Dijk this month.
- AC Milan’s sporting director Marco Fassone has confirmed the club have held talks with Diego Costa’s agent Jorge Mendes.
- Watford are lining up a move for Alberto Moreno, as Jurgen Klopp considers the Spaniard’s long-term future.
- Ronald Koeman has confirmed that he still wants to sign a new striker despite Dominic Calvert-Lewin sealing Everton’s Europa League progress last night.
- Mikel Merino says that Newcastle United’s “project” under the guidance of Rafa Benitez persuaded him to sign for a newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Simon Grayson is hopeful that Josh Maja can return to fitness and help solve his striker problem this season.
- West Bromwich Albion are expected to step up interest in Ahmed Musa now Leicester City have signed a fifth forward in Kelechi Iheanacho.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Pulis has called for football’s governing bodies to change the closing date of the transfer window to the start of the Premier League season.
- Stoke City have roundly rejected an offer from Newcastle for in-form striker Joselu. The club considered the bid derisory and will now wait to see if an improved offer lands on their table.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mauricio Pellegrino is aiming for at least one new signing to freshen up his Saints squad.
- Sean Dyche could go without signing a central defender this summer despite the loss of Michael Keane to Everton.
- Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez is no closer to a move to Roma, according to the Italian club’s sporting director.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Neil Warnock has refused to rule out adding to his Cardiff City squad once the new season gets underway – but insists he won’t be spending big.
- Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out making a move for QPR defender Steven Caulker.
- Fulham talisman Tom Cairney has insisted he does not want to leave Fulham and is loving life on and off the pitch.
- Derby County have asked about Preston North End’s Callum Robinson and could return with a formal bid for the 22-year-old forward, the Derby Telegraph understands.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton are in talks with manager Phil Parkinson about an extended contract at the Macron Stadium.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Paul Cook says he’s not at all worried about going into the new Football League season with question marks hanging over the future of several of his top stars.
- Renato Neto has undergone knee surgery – less than three weeks after Albion abandoned plans to make the Brazilian midfielder their record signing.
- Chris Wilder has promised to spend the remainder of his transfer budget wisely, acknowledging the amount made available will reveal the scale of Sheffield United’s ambitions next term.
- Alex Rae believes that Rangers should go all out to get Jamie Walker and Kenny McLean.