- Watford are chasing Everton winger Aaron Lennon and hope to bring the 30-year-old in on loan before the start of the new season.
- Marco Silva’s reported interest in striker Oumar Niasse, who he managed at Hull City last season, was never more than “paper talk”, according to sources close to the player.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim has admitted his club cannot be certain of keeping their star players as Arsenal circle for Thomas Lemar.
- Tottenham target Max Meyer is happy to stay at Schalke but remains open to leaving this summer.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has reminded Ed Woodward to sign a fourth player this summer.
- Adnan Januzaj has vowed to prove Manchester United ‘were wrong to let me go’ following his move to Real Sociedad.
- Southampton haven’t given up hope of keeping Liverpool transfer target Virgil van Dijk
- Everton will hold off making a decision on Jonjoe Kenny’s future – but Ronald Koeman has not ruled out sending the defender on loan.
- Newcastle’s attempts to raise another £20million to boost Rafa Benitez’s transfer kitty are being frustrated by the lucrative contracts their unwanted men are on.
- Jeremain Lens is due in Istanbul today to conclude a move to Besiktas, according to reports in Turkey.
- Robbin Ruiter has hailed Sunderland’s professionalism as a key reason behind his decision to join the club.
- Sunderland are hopeful of landing Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack on loan before the weekend, according to reports.
- Aly Cissokho has finally completed his move to Turkish Super League newcomers Yeni Malatyaspor.
- Middlesbrough’s deal for Ryan Shotton has stalled as Birmingham City hold out for around £2million for the central defender,
- Bristol City have turned down Birmingham City’s bid for both Aden Flint and Joe Bryan, with manager Lee Johnson labelling it as “derisory”.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Matty Fryatt is training with Walsall in a move that could see the striker make a sensational return to the club.
- Stoke manager Mark Hughes is eyeing up a possible move for Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend.
- Leicester City have rejected a bid from Bournemouth for winger Demarai Gray.
- Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Everton starlet Kieran Dowell on a season-long loan.
- Derby County defender Jason Shackell has started light training as he continues his recovery from injury.
- Sheffield United have reportedly seen another bid for Blackburn Rovers’ defender Darragh Lenihan rejected.
- Sheffield Wednesday are eyeing former Arsenal defender Johan Djourou, according to reports in Switzerland
- Las Palmas midfielder Jonathan Viera has broken his silence on a potential move to Swansea City, admitting he is sad at how his situation has been handled.
- Leicester are also reportedly interested in Viera.
- Swansea City have lodged a bid for Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri, according to reports.
- Speculation that Bournemouth have made a big-money bid for Leicester City winger Demarai Gray are thought to be wide of the mark.
- Chairman Chris Reeves confirmed Poole Town had brought in three new recruits ahead of Saturday’s National South opener at Weston-super-Mare. Joe Cook, Jack Dickson and Matt Neale have all joined the club.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mauricio Pellegrino’s problems continue to mount up ahead of the new season with Saints beaten 4-0 at home to Augsburg while the new manager continues to insist Virgil van Dijk will not be sold.
GET WEST LONDON
- QPR target Josh Windass looks set to remain in Scotland after confirming his desire to stay in Glasgow with Rangers.
- Sunderland are interested in bringing in Ross McCormack – but only on loan.
- Jon Daly has made his first big decision as Hearts caretaker manager by omitting Jamie Walker from his squad to face Celtic amid interest in the midfielder from Rangers.
Football Headlines: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Rumors This Evening