Top Boko Haram Commander, 3 Other Jihadists Surrender To Nigerian Army

share on:
Niger Places 1,000 Boko Haram ‘Suspected’ Militants On Trial

The Nigerian Army has said that a high-profile Boko Haram terrorist and three other jihadists have surrendered themselves to troops of 120 Task Force Battalion at Goniri.

This disclosure was made in a statement issued on Tuesday in Abuja by the Army Spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman.

Usman said a terrorist, Konto Fanami, who is the Ameer of Kafa hideout of the group that operates along Ajigin-Talala-Mungusum axis, and the others, willingly deserted their hideouts and surrendered themselves to 120 Task Force Battalion at Goniri in Borno on Monday.

The statement read: “During preliminary interrogation, they confirmed that they abandoned the terrorism because of incessant hardship and realising that they were misled by their terrorist group leaders.

“They further stated they were also erroneously misinformed and brainwashed about Islam and the Nigerian military and the society generally.

“The remorseful surrendered terrorists regretted their involvement in terrorism and marveled at the courtesy and humane treatment accorded them by the military on surrendering.’’

He called on other remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists to follow suit and renounce the “devilish creed.’’

Usman said that adequate arrangements had been made to receive all those that voluntarily renounced terrorism and surrendered themselves, assuring that they would be treated “humanely.’’

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism.

If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you…

Leave a Reply