Paul Clement has said he wants a “quick resolution” on Gylfi Sigurdsson‘s future at Swansea.
Gylfi Sigurdsson was left out of the Swans first-team squad for the 2-0 pre-season victory over Birmingham on Saturday due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding his future.
Sigurdsson, who also missed the club’s tour of the United States earlier this month, has been the subject of two failed bids from Everton, with the latest offer worth up to £45m.
Swansea boss Paul Clement now has promised a swift resolution to the saga.
‘It was decided between me and the club, and him also, that it was the best decision for everybody involved that he wouldn’t take part in games at this point,’ Clement said after the Birmingham win.
‘It’s not something we want and we will not be allowing to drag on right until the deadline. It is not going to the end of the window, no way.
‘This is something we are going to get sorted as soon as possible.
‘I have no doubt that he’ll be ready for us if necessary because I’ve seen him working hard day in, day out.
‘He’ll be back training with the first team on Monday when we rejoin.’
Swansea’s owners have levelled accusations of bully tactics against Everton as they hold out for their £50m valuation though the 27-year-old Sigurdsson is understood to have sympathy with Everton who have conducted negotiations through the proper channels.