LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- West Ham are adamant they will strongly resist any interest from Liverpool for their playmaker Manuel Lanzini, who is being considered to replace Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho.
- Arsenal are one of several teams who “like” Udinese midfielder Jakub Jankto, according to the 21-year-old’s agent.
- Slaven Bilic remains hopeful of persuading goalkeeper Adrian to stay at West Ham amid interest from Crystal Palace.
- Liverpool will snub any improved offer for Philippe Coutinho following interest from Barcelona.
- Lazar Markovic is unlikely to join Fiorentina because Liverpool’s £16m asking price for the midfielder is too high.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Highly-rated Brazilian teenager Gabriel Martinelli is training with Manchester United as he looks to earn a contract.
- Inter boss Luciano Spalletti will not stand in Ivan Perisic’s way if the winger says he wants to move to Manchester United.
- Alexis Sanchez “would be welcomed with open arms” at Manchester City, according to his Chile team-mate Claudio Bravo.
- Turkish club Osmanlispor and French side Metz are keen on Newcastle forward Emmanuel Riviere.
- Simon Grayson is likely to return to the transfer market for another striker and is interested in Ross McCormack.
- Sunderland are interested in Aston Villa duo Ross McCormack and Tommy Elphick.
- Birmingham City fans are urging Harry Redknapp to sign Ravel Morrison after impressive performances in pre-season.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Harry Burgoyne wants to become Wolves’ first-choice goalkeeper but is open to another loan spell if needed.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Jeremy Pied could get his chance to start at right-back at the beginning of the season as Cedric Soares is yet to return to pre-season following an extended break after the Confederations Cup.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- New Hull signing Michael Hector is ready to fight for his place following his loan move from Chelsea.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- A deal for Swansea City midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson to join Everton is looking increasingly unlikely, with the clubs well apart in their valuations.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Long-term Leeds striker target Ashley Fletcher has instead signed for Middlesbrough from West Ham.
- Former Nottingham Forest star Lewis McGugan has failed to impress Neil Warnock on trial at Cardiff and will return to parent club Sheffield Wednesday.
- Derby County are one of several teams interested in Aston Villa forward Ross McCormack.
- Leicester City winger Tom Lawrence could be the subject of an £8m bid from Premier League new boys Brighton.
- Max Power has been removed from Wigan’s squad as he seeks a move to a Championship team.
- Chris Hughton wants to sign another striker despite the addition of Izzy Brown on loan from Chelsea.
- Mick McCarthy has admitted Ipswich made unsuccessful loan enquiries for strikers Ashley Fletcher and Ike Ugbo, who have joined Middlesbrough and Barnsley respectively.
- Carlos Carvalhal is still in the dark over whether Jose Semedo will return to Hillsborough.
- New arrival Jamal Blackman was Sheffield United’s “number one target”, according to manager Chris Wilder.