LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Slaven Bilic has admitted West Ham couldn’t turn down Middlesbrough’s “fantastic” offer for West Ham striker Ashley Fletcher.
- Antonio Conte has reiterated his stance that Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino is under the least pressure of all Chelsea’s Premier League title contenders to succeed.
- Conte has also revealed his determination to have complete control of the dressing room at Chelsea.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City’s incredible summer of spending is just the start as the club’s Abu Dhabi owners intend to furnish Pep Guardiola with a squad full of stars. City have invested more than £200m on players already during this transfer window – and retain interest in Kylian Mbappe, Alexis Sanchez and cover at centre-back.
- Manchester United have been given fresh encouragement they could secure a late deal for Gareth Bale after Zinedine Zidane refused to rule out the Welshman’s departure this summer.
- Jurgen Klopp believes a fully fit Daniel Sturridge will make a huge difference to Liverpool’s challenge for honours this season.
- Ben Woodburn has vowed to build on his breakthrough year at Liverpool and repay the faith shown in him by Klopp.
- Everton’s hunt for at least three new signings does not depend on the sale of Ross Barkley, insists Ronald Koeman.
- Rafa Benitez says Newcastle United still have plenty of work to do after signing Borussia Dortmund midfielder Mikel Merino.
- Simon Grayson says Jason Steele will have to fight it out with Robbin Ruiter for the Sunderland No 1 jersey, if the Dutchman joins on a permanent deal.
- Grayson has insisted that the club have received no bids for Jeremain Lens.
- Tony Pulis knows West Bromwich Albion’s recruitment drive could go to the wire as he continues to remain “patient” in the transfer window.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Ross McCormack’s hopes of leaving Aston Villa this summer appear improved after a host of Championship clubs emerged as suitors for the misfit striker.
- Marko Arnautovic’s brother and agent has launched into a furious war of words with Stoke City chairman Peter Coates by telling him he should “clean up his own garbage within the club walls”.
- Sean Dyche has told all of his Burnley players to lay down a marker during pre-season as competition for places in the side to play Chelsea on the opening day hots up.
- Leicester assistant manager Michael Appleton has described Riyad Mahrez as “first-class” after he scored the winner against Luton on Wednesday.
- Tendayi Darikwa admits sporting director Frank McParland played a key role in bringing him to Nottingham Forest.
- Armand Traore is hoping his Nottingham Forest injury nightmare is behind him, as he gears up for a second season at the City Ground.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton potentially face losing out on their top summer transfer targets if they fail in an appeal against EFL salary cap changes.
- Blackpool new boy Sean Longstaff believes playing with the Seasiders in League One will provide him with the perfect platform to develop as a player.
- Izzy Brown has signed for the perfect manager and mentor – according to the coach who guided him as a raw Chelsea kid.
- Sheffield Wednesday chief Carlos Carvalhal insists he will not be rushed into signing a new centre-back before the start of the new Championship season.