LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Michy Batshuayi is winning his battle to convince Antonio Conte he should be part of Chelsea’s first-team squad this season.
- Thibaut Courtois is confident Alvaro Morata will prove a hit at Chelsea after seeing the Spaniard enjoy a positive debut for the club on Tuesday.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City fear they have lost the race to sign Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid.
- Jose Mourinho believes Paul Pogba’s importance at Manchester United increased after Zlatan Ibrahimovic succumbed to injury.
- RB Leipzig have reiterated their desire to keep Liverpool target Naby Keita at the club this summer.
- Jose Mourinho believes that Wayne Rooney is going to be “very, very good for Everton ” and that “Everton is going to be very, very good for Wayne Rooney.”
- Rafa Benitez is working hard to sign players to support Newcastle United’s biggest goal threat Dwight Gayle.
- Rob Elliot insists he doesn’t let the succession of goalkeepers being linked with Newcastle United worry him.
EXPRESS & STAR
- New club record signing Ruben Neves says Nuno Espirito Santo was the main reason he moved to Wolves – but he hopes to one day return to Porto.
- Wolves striker Niall Ennis is believed to be on the verge of sealing a season-long loan move to Shrewsbury Town.
- West Brom are refusing to give up their pursuit of Ben Gibson despite Middlesbrough continuing to play hardball over the defender.
- Chairman Peter Coates says Stoke City are “disappointed” by Marko Arnautovic’s decision to join West Ham after the Potters “resurrected his career”.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Former Saint Gordon ‘Flash’ Watson believes Virgil van Dijk has been “ill-advised” if he thinks a move to Liverpool is a good idea. Watson also says Van Dijk is “way better” than Liverpool and a move to Anfield would be a “pay day”.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Leonid Slutsky remains confident he will have at least five more new signings at his disposal by the time Hull City kick-off their Championship season in just 10 days.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- The president of Spanish club Las Palmas has said they will do all they can to keep hold of Swansea City target Jonathan Viera.
- Dean Smith has, once again, said that Brentford have not received a bid for any player, despite rumours linking squad members with a move away.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Thomas Christiansen says plans for his Leeds United starting XI are far from set in stone as his players prepare to return to training at Thorp Arch on Thursday.
- Nottingham Forest are working to add another “forward thinking” midfielder as their sixth summer signing over the next 24 hours, says boss Mark Warburton.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Jem Karacan can’t wait to see Sammy Ameobi unleash his box of tricks on the Championship.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Paul Cook insists there’s no room for passengers at Wigan Athletic as Billy Mckay became the latest player to be offloaded.
- Brighton boss Chris Hughton has hailed latest signing Izzy Brown as a flexible friend for his attacking options in the Premier League.
- Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy won’t sacrifice results to satisfy supporters’ thirst for more attractive football at Portman Road this season.
- John Lundstram has spoken of his pride at becoming a Sheffield United player after completing his move from Oxford.
- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has laughed off Moussa Dembele rumours and insists he doesn’t need three strikers.