LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has branded Dimitri Payet “a flawed individual” who will never fulfil his potential or be signed by “big clubs”.
- Romelu Lukaku will prove to be a better signing than Chelsea’s Alvaro Morata and Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette, according to former Manchester United defender Gary Pallister.
- Frank de Boer is confident that new signing Jairo Riedewald will cope with his transition into the Premier League even though he is only 20.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are continuing their dual pursuits of Kylian Mbappe and Alexis Sanchez. City are increasingly encouraged by Sanchez’s advisors pricing him out of a move to the continent. Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich have both dropped their interest in the Chilean.
- Naby Keita went “past the limit” during his training ground row at RB Leipzig, according to a team-mate.
- Former Liverpool prodigy Adam Phillips is set to join Norwich City.
- Davy Klaassen has been warned how “tough” English football is – but Ronald Koeman says he will adapt to life at Everton.
- Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez has made it clear a new striker and a goalkeeper are his priority in the remainder of the transfer window. The Magpies have been linked with Hull City’s Sam Clucas but it is believed that no approach has been made yet for the left-sided midfielder.
- Tony Mowbray says Blackburn Rovers don’t have to sell their key players amid firm interest from Sunderland in goalkeeper Jason Steele.
- Sunderland have stepped up their efforts to land Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack with the Black Cats hoping to sign him on a loan deal.
- Middlesbrough are ready to hand Ben Gibson a lucrative new contract in a bid to ward off any further interest from West Bromwich Albion.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom face competition from Leicester, Stoke and Crystal Palace in their pursuit of defender Chris Smalling.
- Saints’ Chinese takeover hangs in the balance with optimism starting to fade at St Mary’s that Lander Holdings will complete a £200m deal for the club.
- Sean Dyche is targeting ‘two or three’ more new additions to his Burnley squad before the summer transfer deadline next month.
- Blackburn are looking to bring in at least one more striker as boss Tony Mowbray weighs up how best to spend the remaining money in his budget.
- Leicester City are hoping to finalise the £25m deal to sign Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho this week.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea are continuing to demand that Everton meet their £50m asking price for Gylfi Sigurdsson.
- Fulham have decided against making a bid for Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome. Fulham have agreed a deal with Brighton to take Oliver Norwood on a season-long loan.
- Chris Martin is out to “prove a few people wrong” by rediscovering his best form for Derby County this season.
- Notts County have stepped up their interest in Nottingham Forest’s Alex Iacovitti and are hoping to seal a loan deal for the Scottish defender.
- Gaston Ramirez’s controversial Boro career could be coming to an end with Real Betis hopeful of pushing through a deal for the Uruguayan playmaker.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton are trying to talk ex-Blackburn Rovers midfielder Jason Lowe into signing at the Macron Stadium.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Paul Cook is hopeful of making Noel Hunt’s stay at Wigan Athletic a permanent one.
- Brighton have beaten Huddersfield to the capture of Chelsea attacker Izzy Brown.
- Time is running out for Sheffield Wednesday to strengthen their squad before the start of the new Championship season, but there is no sense of panic from head coach Carlos Carvalhal.
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has expressed a desire to keep Max Gradel at Cherries – in the wake of a failed swoop from suitors Toulouse.
- Emilio Izaguirre has confirmed his departure from Celtic with an emotional farewell message.