- Liverpool will only move back in for Virgil van Dijk this summer if Southampton make it clear they are willing to consider offers for the centre-back. The Reds are prepared to shatter their transfer record to make the £60m-rated Dutchman the most expensive defender in the world.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Kenedy is set to pay a heavy price for his offensive Instagram posts by being left out of Chelsea coach Antonio Conte’s plans for next season.
- West Ham are closing in on the signing of Javier Hernandez following the Mexico striker’s arrival in London for a medical.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah admits he is willing to play in any position to satisfy Jose Mourinho following another encouraging display at right-back.
- Manchester City’s players were stunned by Pep Guardiola’s decision to include Samir Nasri on their pre-season tour.
- Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman has a host of clubs lining up to take him on loan this season. Rafa Benitez insists he “hopes” Karl Darlow has a Newcastle United future as the Magpies boss admits players will be moved on in the coming days and weeks.
- Simon Grayson will not hesitate in selecting Jeremain Lens and Wahbi Khazri against Derby County, if they are still at the club.
- Harry Redknapp has told Middlesbrough they will have to meet Birmingham City’s asking price for Ryan Shotton.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves record signing Ruben Neves won’t be out for as long as first feared with injury – and could make his Molineux bow against Leicester this weekend.
- Mark Hughes says no one at Stoke City will be in doubt of the impact made by departing hero Glenn Whelan.
- Mauricio Pellegrino is eyeing potential new signings as he looks to add to his Saints squad this summer. The new St Mary’s boss admits it has been difficult to fully assess the assets at his disposal with extended holidays due to international games meaning some players have not yet returned for pre-season.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Leonid Slutsky insists Hull City will not be rushed into strengthening their depleted squad, despite admitting a lack of options are making him “nervous” ahead of the Championship kick-off.
- Andre Gray insists he is concentrating on his football at Burnley despite being linked with a move away from Turf Moor.
- Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez is still Roma’s top transfer target despite reports the Serie A club are considering targeting Manchester City’s Samir Nasri instead.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City are believed to be weighing up an offer for West Brom’s Nacer Chadli, with a deal for Las Palmas midfielder Jonathan Viera looking less likely.
- Swansea and Brighton are going head to head in a bid to sign Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson.
- Fulham are ready to make a move for Norwich City man Cameron Jerome.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Manchester United are one of the Premier League clubs still keeping tabs on Bolton keeper Jake Turner.
- Blackpool coach Andy Todd admits the Seasiders have improvements to make in defence before they are ready for the start of the new season.
- Jaap Stam has hinted Reading FC’s search for new players could go down to the wire this summer.
- Brighton boss Chris Hughton is not surprised Tomer Hemed has attracted transfer interest, but he has reiterated the striker is going nowhere.
- Chris Wilder admits he will be forced to step-up his search for a new goalkeeper after Simon Moore sustained a potentially serious injury during the friendly at Rotherham on Friday.
- Eddie Howe expects Lewis Grabban and Marc Wilson to seek permanent moves away from Bournemouth in the current transfer window.