LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham target Ross Barkley is also on the radar of Arsenal ahead of his expected departure from Everton next month.
- Tottenham have asked to be kept informed of Riyad Mahrez’s position at Leicester City.
- West Ham are growing in confidence that they will sign Javier Hernandez from Bayer Leverkusen.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Sergio Romero wants David de Gea to stay at Manchester United because it will help him ‘to be better’.
- Manchester City are confident they have beaten Chelsea to the signing of Real Madrid right back Danilo.
- Swansea City are refusing to give up hope of keeping hold of Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson – but admit they want his future resolved soon.
- Jonjo Shelvey insists he will emerge back on the Premier League scene as a tougher player after battling it out in the Sky Bet Championship for a season.
- Sunderland are battling Nottingham Forest for the signature of Norwich striker Cameron Jerome.
- Simon Grayson will step up his search for a new goalkeeper after Vito Mannone completed his move to Championship rivals Reading last night.
- Blues are understood to be in pole position to sign Aston Villa defender Tommy Elphick and Middlesbrough’s Stewart Downing.
- Torino could be the next destination for Stoke City midfielder Giannelli Imbula.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Sofiane Boufal put in extra fitness sessions ahead of returning to Southampton this summer to impress manager Mauricio Pellegrino.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City are interested in taking Leicester City’s Ahmed Musa on loan this season.
- Asmir Begovic revealed how he had sounded out Neil Moss ahead of his summer move to Bournemouth – the man he displaced at Dean Court a decade ago.
- Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has turned down a £10m move to Leicester City – because he enjoys life in London too much.
GET WEST LONDON
- Aldershot Town have decided against signing Fulham midfielder Foday Nabay.
- Nottingham Forest manager Mark Warburton says that he wants to add a ‘different dynamic’ to the Reds’ front line as the club close in on the signing of Darryl Murphy.
- Jorge Grant will return on loan to Notts County – but Tyler Walker will be given the opportunity to impress at Nottingham Forest.
- Garry Monk has been a breath of fresh air since taking charge at Middlesbrough, Patrick Bamford has revealed.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Phil Parkinson says there will be no let-up in Bolton’s transfer business as he casts his eye over Arsenal striker Stephy Mavididi.
WIGAN EVENING POST
- Wigan Athletic have parted company with forward Sanmi Odelusi by mutual consent.
- Blackpool are thought be among a long list of clubs interested in Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff.
- Highly-rated young midfielder Flynn Downes has signed a new three-year deal at Ipswich.
- Oxford United manager Pep Clotet expects midfielder John Lundstram to join Sheffield United.
- Rangers could be poised to have a voice again as one of Scottish football’s powerbrokers after it emerged Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell is not standing for re-election to the SPFL board.