MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier is ‘desperate’ to join Manchester United as the club continues its attempts to sign a defensive midfielder.
- Pep Guardiola is set to make a decision on the immediate future of Tosin Adarabioyo, with Newcastle among a host of clubs who want to take the Manchester City defender on loan.
- Manchester City defender Jason Denayer has accused the club of being unreasonable with him after his proposed move to Lyon was ‘vetoed’
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Inter Milan are talks with Chelsea over a £34.5m deal for Nemanja Matic, with the Premier League champions reluctant to sell the Serb to Manchester United.
- FC Porto are confident Tottenham will pay the £22m asking price for Ricardo Pereira if they sell Kyle Walker to Manchester City.
- Liverpool’s new striker Dominic Solanke is “a long-term project”, according to Jurgen Klopp.
- Everton are closing in on the club record signing of Gylfi Sigurdsson after the midfielder refused to go on Swansea’s pre-season tour.
- Marko Grujic is on a mission to prove to Jurgen Klopp that he can deliver for Liverpool on the big stage this season.
- Jacob Murphy is understood to be holding out for a move to Newcastle United.
- Lee Cattermole believes Sunderland were right to plump for Simon Grayson’s Championship experience over a big name in their managerial search this summer.
- Sunderland are closing in on the double signing of James Vaughan and Aiden McGeady – but the Wearsiders could miss out on Max Gradel.
- Wolves starlet Dominic Iorfa could be heading for the exit door after being left out of the Wolves pre-season squad touring Austria.
EXPRESS & STAR
- New Wolves goalkeeper Will Norris and young defender Aaron Simpson have flown out to Austria to join up with Nuno Espirito Santo’s squad.
- Bojan is ignoring any speculation about his future as he focuses on getting into top form and condition ready for the new season.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Everton are expected to complete the signing of former Southampton defender Cuco Martina on a free transfer.
- Southampton are content with their forward options and are not looking to bring in Atletico Madrid striker Luciano Vietto, despite reports to the contrary.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull have informed Leicester they must increase their £2m valuation of Eldin Jakupovic if they are to lure him away from the KCOM Stadium.
- Luton have confirmed they have rejected a bid from Nottingham Forest for teenage defender James Justin.
- Middlesbrough’s striking spree is set to continue with the club agreeing a deal to sign Bury’s teenage sensation George Miller.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton should complete the signing of forward Sammy Ameobi by the end of the week.
- Sheffield Wednesday are determined to keep hold of their best players as they aim to create a promotion-winning team.
- Chris Wilder insists he will not allow ‘transfer snobs’ to dictate his signings policy at Sheffield United.
- New Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham has credited Moussa Dembele for convincing him to leave Manchester City in a £4.5m transfer.