Luciano Spalletti claims “everything is in place” for him to become the next coach of Inter Milan.
The former Roma boss was spotted alongside Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio leaving Malpensa Airport in Milan on Tuesday.
Spalletti and Ausilio are reportedly bound for China to hold talks with representatives from Suning Group, the company which owns the Nerazzurri.
“Everything is in place,” Spalletti told journalists waiting at the airport, quoted by the Italian press.
“We’ve shaken hands, we’re old fashioned and we do things with a handshake. We’ll need to arrange a press conference. I am happy to be coach of Inter.”
Spalletti left Roma last week after guiding the Giallorossi to second place in Serie A and securing automatic qualification for next season’s Champions League.
The deal is reportedly for two years and worth 4 million euros (£3.5m) per season.
The move was widely expected, considering Spalletti’s relationship with Inter sporting director Walter Sabatini, who also recently joined from Roma.
Spalletti told press that ‘Sabatini is a great person and also capable at his job, which makes things easy.’