LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tiemoue Bakayoko has arrived in London to complete negotiations over his £35.1m transfer to Chelsea.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea’s search for a centre half has suffered another blow after Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri insisted Leonardo Bonucci won’t be leaving the club. The Blues will now concentrate their efforts on buying Van Dijk, who has been valued at £70m by Southampton.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will seek assurances over his first-team role at Arsenal before deciding whether to stay at the club.
- Chelsea defender Nathan Ake would be welcomed back to Bournemouth “with open arms”, according to Cherries defender Charlie Daniels.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United could continue to reinforce their squad after they complete their four priority signings.
- Alvaro Morata’s wife has fuelled the possibility her husband could complete his protracted transfer to Manchester United by following the club on Instagram.
- Teenage footballer Ethan Galbraith has admitted he has agreed a contract with Manchester United.
- Liverpool midfielder Emre Can is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signing Mohamed Salah next season.
- Everton’s pursuit of Sandro Ramirez could be set for a new twist – with reports in Spain linking Real Madrid with a move for the striker.
- Newcastle United are preparing to send Adam Armstrong on loan for the first half of next season.
- Current Ipswich and former Sunderland manager Mick McCarthy believes the Black Cats should make a sensational summer move for Newcastle United forward Daryl Murphy.
- Lazio are closing in on a deal for Sunderland forward Fabio Borini as the club’s major summer overhaul continues.
- Jurgen Klinsmann has ruled out the prospect of managing Sunderland in the near future.
- Aston Villa are hoping to negotiate the sale of Spanish midfielder Carles Gil with Real Betis stepping up their pursuit.
- Aston Villa defender Jordan Amavi is being considered by French giants Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports in France.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Wolves’ summer clear-out is expected to escalate further after the departures of Silvio, George Saville and Jed Wallace.
- Sevilla have joined the chase for Aston Villa’s Jordan Amavi as the race for the full-back-turned-winger hots up.
- Sheffield United assistant manager Alan Knill is in discussions with the club regarding a new deal – following on from the news that boss Chris Wilder has agreed an improved contract in principle with the Blades.
- Hudderfield Town are working towards completing a deal to sign Montpellier striker Steve Mounie for a club record fee.
- Jon Walters is the subject of a reported £3m offer from Burnley, according to reports.
- Stoke City are chasing former Liverpool centre half Martin Skrtel.
- Stoke are being named among a cluster of clubs said to be interested in Thorgan Hazard.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Southampton are believed to be nearing an agreement for Mauricio Pellegrino’s first signing as Saints boss – with the club pursuing a deal worth just over £5m for Lech Poznan’s highly rated centre back Jan Bednarek.
- Leicester City’s new assistant manager Michael Appleton said he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work in the Premier League.
- Claudio Ranieri “wants to forget” his spell as Leicester City manager as he looks to the future with new club Nantes.
- Everton are closing in on a deal for QPR winger Josh Bowler.
- Jimmy Calderwood admits the loss of Kenny McLean to Rangers would be another body blow to Aberdeen ahead of the new campaign.
- Aberdeen have confirmed the arrival of Birmingham City forward Greg Stewart on a season-long loan deal.