LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Arsene Wenger is set for showdown talks with Olivier Giroud over his future as Arsenal seek to complete a club-record deal for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.
- Chelsea have yet to agree personal terms with Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko and won’t sell Nemanja Matic to Manchester United until they do.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Aleksandar Kolarov has said he would love to return to Lazio – but not until his Manchester City career is finished.
- Besiktas have insisted that Manchester United will be disappointed in any pursuit of Anderson Talisca this summer.
- Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has warned potential suitors that Cristiano Ronaldo does not want to play as a central striker.
- Julian Brandt has revealed he turned down the chance to join Liverpool because he felt compelled to guide Bayer Leverkusen out of their recent struggles.
- Swansea are set to land Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham ahead of Newcastle.
- Lazio officials have flown to England to finalise a £6m deal for Sunderland striker Fabio Borini.
- Jurgen Klinsmann and Jens Keller have been linked with the vacant manager’s position at Sunderland as the Wearsiders’ manager search goes on.
- Reported Aston Villa target Sam Gallagher is set to pledge his future to Southampton.
- Everton are considering a move for West Brom defender Jonny Evans.
- Sevilla have reportedly joined the race for Aston Villa defender Jordan Amavi.
- Birmingham are understood to be plotting a move for Australia captain Mark Milligan.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Aston Villa are hopeful of a breakthrough in their pursuit of Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.
- Sheffield United are poised to step up their interest in Wolves defender Ethan Ebanks-Landell.
- Walsall are unlikely to make a move for Rotherham-bound striker Jamie Proctor.
- Xherdan Shaqiri has poured cold water on speculation linking him with AS Roma.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Newly-appointed Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino is nearing his first signing, with Saints pursuing a £5m deal for Lech Poznan centre-back Jan Bednarek.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Watford are favourites to sign Andrew Robertson after Burnley were deterred by Hull’s asking price.
- Claudio Ranieri is plotting a raid of his former club and wants to bring Nampalys Mendy to Nantes, according to reports.
- Leicester will have to offer at least £40m to even tempt Swansea into discussing the sale of Gylfi Sigurdsson.
- The Foxes will need to act quickly to lure Chelsea defender Nathan Ake to the King Power Stadium, with the Dutchman seemingly on his way to Bournemouth.
GET WEST LONDON
- Fulham have received no bids for midfielder Kevin McDonald.
- QPR are reportedly battling it out with Swansea and Reading to secure the services of Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom.
- Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk has started the club’s summer shake-up by allowing midfielder Julien de Sart to join Zulte Waregem on loan.
- Brighton are keen to get goalkeeper Maty Ryan on board as soon as they can ahead of the Premier League season.
- The Seagulls are also looking at left-back options after putting talks for Markus Suttner on hold.
- St Johnstone have made an enquiry to Rangers about a move for striker Michael O’Halloran this summer.