- Diego Simeone could be heading to Goodison next season – to watch his son, Giovanni Simeone, who has been linked with a move to Everton by the Italian press.
- Jamie Carragher has revealed the moment Daniel Sturridge pulled him aside during Liverpool’s recent trip to Australia – to question him over comments made about his Reds future.
- RB Leipzig have warned Liverpool off a move for midfielder Naby Keita.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Brighton have withdrawn their interest in former Chelsea captain John Terry over his wage demands for £100,000-a- week.
- Nacho Monreal says he wants to stay at Arsenal for the next three years.
- Arsene Wenger’s decision to buy Mesut Ozil was “an insult” to youth product Jack Wilshere, says former Arsenal captain Tony Adams.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Jose Mourinho will take no part in negotiations over his £200m transfer targets after growing ‘tired of football’ in an exhausting first season at Manchester United.
- It could be second time lucky for United in trying to sign Renato Sanches as reports in Germany say Bayern are looking to offload the midfielder.
- Isaac Hayden believes Newcastle United’s first season back in the Premier League will be “totally different” to that of previous promoted sides – because the Magpies have Rafa Benitez at the helm.
- Martin Bain admits he wants a new manager in place ‘as quickly as possible’ – with Simon Grayson and Derek McInnes the frontrunners for the Sunderland job.
- Reports in Italy suggest that Sampdoria hold an interest in Aston Villa left-back Jordan Amavi, and could make a move for him this summer.
- Kenny Jackett is looking to be reunited with James Henry at Portsmouth this summer.
- Nicolai Brock-Madsen will not be returning to PEC Zwolle next season, according to reports in the Dutch press.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom have moved on from Manchester City’s Fabian Delph in their hunt for a central midfielder.
- Walsall boss Jon Whitney has revealed the club are in talks with a new goalkeeper to replace Neil Etheridge.
- Stoke’s apparent interest in Inter Milan’s Colombia centre-back Jeison Murillo has resurfaced in Italy, with reports the Potters are in a four-way fight for his signature.
- Former Stoke skipper Andy Griffin has lauded the signing of Darren Fletcher and urged Mark Hughes to make John Terry his next deal of the summer.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Four Premier League clubs are reportedly chasing Hull City ‘s Eldin Jakupovic this summer.
- Hull have been linked with Real Zaragoza forward Angel, who is also on the radar of Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa and Reading.
- Mark Venus says Blackburn Rovers can expect to see some new signings in the coming days as he and Ewood boss Tony Mowbray begin to shape their squad.
- Adam Smith insists he is ignoring reported interest from former club Tottenham and is focused on helping Cherries improve on their ninth-placed Premier League finish.
- Wes Morgan has urged Leicester City to strengthen the club’s defence this summer as well as buying a new striker to ease the burden on Jamie Vardy.
- Craig Shakespeare is still expected to be named Leicester City’s permanent manager with talks between his representatives and the club ongoing.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Bologna are among the clubs interested in signing Giuseppe Bellusci after Empoli’s relegation from Serie A cast doubt over a permanent transfer from Leeds United.
- Leeds United look set to tap into Sevilla’s recruitment model again by adding former footballer Dani Salas to their scouting team.
- Derby County forward Andreas Weimann will not be joining Wolverhampton Wanderers on a permanent basis this summer, it is being reported.
- Derby County are interested in bringing Liverpool’s Andre Wisdom back to the club.
- Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes has admitted “there’s been a few things developing”, after being linked with Nottingham Forest, Celtic and Cardiff City.
- Lica’s move away from Nottingham Forest has moved a step closer after Estoril made contact with the Reds.
THE PINK UN
- Norwich City are poised to bring goalkeeper Angus Gunn back to Norfolk in a season-long loan deal from Manchester City which is set to be announced this week.
- Ex-Middlesbrough striker Alvaro Negredo is keen to stay in the Premier League despite substantial interest from a clutch of European clubs, according to his representative.
- Middlesbrough’s top-brass have dismissed claims of an imminent hot-seat unveiling of Garry Monk.
- Franck Tabanou has not agreed an end to his Swansea City contract – but the French flop will still be leaving the Liberty this summer.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton winger Filipe Morais has cast some doubt on his future at the Macron Stadium after claiming talks over a new contract have stalled.
- Bolton are lining-up a move for Manchester City wonder-kid Bersant Celina.
- Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer says the club’s summer recruitment for their return to League One will be about quality not quantity.
- Brighton are keen to add Australian international Maty Ryan to their goalkeeping options for the Premier League.
- Sheffield United’s pursuit of Ryan Leonard, the in-demand Southend midfielder, has been dealt a blow after Shrimpers chairman Ron Martin insisted: He’s not for sale.
- Former Manchester United defender Saidy Janko has become the latest player to be to be linked with a summer move to Bristol City.
- Virgil van Dijk could help fund Celtic’s move to land Patrick Roberts on a permanent deal due to a 10% sell-on clause in the Southampton defender’s contract.
- Former Celtic captain Tom Boyd believes that Moussa Dembele will be best served by staying at Celtic for at least another couple of seasons.