LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea’s hopes of convincing Thibaut Courtois to sign a new deal have been boosted by the news that Real Madrid’s interest in the keeper has cooled.
- Crystal Palace have ended their interest in Mamadou Sakho and will focus on other transfer targets as new boss Frank de Boer strengthens his squad.
- PSV Eindhoven have opened talks with Chelsea over signing Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel on a permanent basis.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United youngsters Charlie Scott, Matty Willock, Matthew Olosunde and Max Johnstone appear to have signed contract extensions.
- Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is at the centre of a battle for his services, between Aston Villa, West Brom, Huddersfield, Leicester and Middlesbrough.
- Liverpool have rebuffed a host of loan approaches – from Newcastle, Burnley and Middlesbrough – for talented young winger Sheyi Ojo.
- Jonjo Shelvey started training a month early in order to make flying start with Newcastle United
- Jordan Veretout has confirmed his intention to leave Aston Villa this summer.
- West Brom are confident influential defender Jonny Evans will still be at the club when the summer transfer window closes on August 31.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Jed Wallace has revealed he’d have halved his own wages if it meant playing regularly for Wolves.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Polish international Jan Bednarek will become Saints’ first summer signing, with new contracts for Jack Stephens and Sam Gallagher also understood to be in the pipeline.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Aberdeen are hoping to complete a deal to sign Shaun Maloney on a free transfer.
- Leicester City are willing to play a waiting game in their potential bid for Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson. City have yet to make a move because the asking price, understood to be £25million, is deemed to be too high.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City Supporters’ Trust have received an offer from the club’s American owners which could see the fans’ group sell up to half of their stake in the club.
- Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner says negotiations are ongoing with Derby County over the potential transfer of Tom Ince.
- Nottingham Forest striker Tyler Walker “falls into the bracket” of players Grimsby Town are looking to sign.
- Middlesbrough defender Antonio Barragan’s proposed move to Real Betis is “practically done”.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton are close to signing former Sunderland and Brighton winger Will Buckley.
- Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer says the future of Tom Aldred remains very much in the hands of the out-of-contract defender.
- Tom Adeyemi is set to choose Ipswich Town over rivals Norwich City.
- Brendan Rodgers has revealed that Kolo Toure will be remaining with Celtic this season – but has still to make up his mind whether it will be as a player or a coach.