MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Jose Mourinho has reportedly urged Ed Woodward to bring Neymar to Manchester United.
- Gabriel Jesus has revealed he spoke to Dani Alves about his future and hopes his compatriot will join him at Manchester City.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Arsenal have held initial talks with Ligue 1 champions AS Monaco over a deal to sign Thomas Lemar, and the Gunners retain hope they could pull off a world-record deal to sign Kylian Mbappe.
- Meanwhile, Arsenal’s Kaylen Hinds is in talks over a £2million move to Wolfsburg.
- Bayern Munich appear to have pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez amid concerns about the spiralling cost of a potential deal.
- Nathan Ake is flying back to England to finalise a £20m switch from Chelsea to Bournemouth.
- New Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer is considering a raid on his former club Ajax for Joel Veltman.
- Andy Robertson is back on Liverpool’s radar as Jurgen Klopp prepares to sign a left-back this summer.
- Former England defender Stuart Pearce believes Everton have stolen a march on the Premier League’s leading clubs with their move for Burnley defender Michael Keane.
- Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez will hope that the bulk of the Magpies’ summer transfer business is done and dusted by the time they face Hellas Verona at St James’ Park in their final friendly.
- The Magpies are in talks with Liverpool over a possible loan deal for Sheyi Ojo and are still waiting for a decision from Yoan Gouffran after offering the French winger a Premier League lifeline.
- Sunderland have confirmed that a proposed takeover has collapsed and that Ellis Short will stay in control of the club.
- Middlesbrough have appointed their former defender and captain Jonathan Woodgate as the club’s new Under-18s assistant coach.
- Barnsley manager Paul Heckingbottom has revealed the club have rejected offers from two unnamed clubs.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Wolves are edging closer to landing Barry Douglas with Celtic understood to be out of the running to sign him.
- Mark Hughes will assure Bojan the slate has been wiped clean when the Spanish playmaker returns to the club for pre-season training next week.
- Experienced defender Antony Kay says he has come to Port Vale to win promotion after completing his move from Bury on a two-year deal.
- Bordeaux have approached Leicester City about the possibility of signing midfielder Papy Mendy.
- Kasper Schmeichel has hinted that his future could lie with Leicester City after celebrating his six years at the club “so far”.
- Several European clubs are lining up to end Bartosz Kaputska’s unsuccessful time at Leicester City.
- Nottingham Forest are casting an eye over Olympiakos midfielder Andreas Bouchalakis, taking him on trial with a view to completing a loan move.
- Forest have ‘no desire’ to sell Britt Assombalonga, says Mark Warburton, who insists: “I am looking forward to working with him.”
- Doncaster have decided to take striker Andy Williams off the transfer list – confirming he will stay at the club next season.
- Nathan Ake is understood to have returned from holiday to wrap up a £20million switch from Chelsea to Bournemouth.
- Brighton have cooled their interest in Aaron Mooy.
- Reading FC defender Danzell Gravenberch is set to leave the club on loan.
- Brendan Rodgers has no intention of signing his son Anton for Celtic despite giving him a run-out as a trialist in the pre-season friendly against BW Linz last night