MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Spanish sources claim Lionel Messi asked Barcelona to leave for Manchester City last summer before changing his mind.
- Manchester United’s hopes of signing Ivan Perisic could be boosted by Inter Milan’s requirement to meet Financial Fair Play obligations.
- Besiktas believe Benfica attacker Anderson Talisca will spend another season on loan in Turkey amid reports he could join Manchester United.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea have resumed their interest in Middlesbrough winger Adama Traore with Antonio Conte keen to strengthen his attacking midfield options.
- Chelsea’s sell-on clause means they stand to earn £2.7m when Mohamed Salah completes his move from Roma to Liverpool.
- Tottenham have been warned they have only until the end of June to agree a deal for Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez.
- Mohamed Salah’s Liverpool medical is likely to take place on Thursday after the Egypt international arrived into London on Tuesday night.
- Salah wants to take the famous No 9 shirt at Anfield when his move from Roma is completed.
- Everton have been linked with a move for West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang.
- Aston Villa are among the front-runners to sign former Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley.
- Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez is being heavily tipped to become West Brom’s first signing of the summer.
- Newcastle have received indication Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham is set to snub their loan offer and join Swansea instead.
- Tim Krul and Siem de Jong want a final chance to impress at Newcastle.
- Fabio Borini’s agent believes the striker will leave Sunderland after the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Everton, West Ham and Newcastle are interested in Brentford star Jota.
- Derby fans are split over whether midfielder Will Hughes should leave the club following reports of a £8m move to Watford.
- Former Nottingham Forest winger Oliver Burke – now playing in the Bundesliga for RB Leipzig – is being linked with a move to the Premier League.
- West Brom have offered defender Jonny Evans a new contract amid interest from Leicester City.
THE PINK UN
- Declan Rudd will complete a move to Preston on July 1 after cutting his ties with Norwich City.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Jay Rodriguez looks set to finally depart Southampton this summer with West Brom keen to resurrect a £12m move.
- Reports claim Middlesbrough are one of three teams to enquire about Derby full-back Cyrus Christie.
- Chris Wilder will step-up his attempt to sign a new goalkeeper before the season starts in August.
- Sheffield Wednesday are expected to strengthen defensively but Glenn Loovens will remain a key member of the Owls’ squad.
- Vitor Pereira believes Bruno Alves will be worth the wait for Rangers fans after the defender agreed to join the Scottish club after the Confederations Cup.