LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Arsenal are prepared to use Olivier Giroud as a makeweight in any deal to sign Kylian Mbappe or Alexandre Lacazette.
- Hector Bellerin is torn over his future, according to Spain Under-21 team-mate Denis Suarez, as speculation he will ditch Arsenal for a return to Barcelona refuses to die down.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Jose Mourinho has identified four key areas after a season of assessing the weak points of his Manchester United squad, and wants a core of seven of his own players.
- Alvaro Morata’s agent held fresh talks with Real Madrid on Wednesday as Manchester United hope to make a breakthrough in their pursuit of the striker.
- Davy Klaassen is edging closer to a move to Everton after agreeing personal terms with the Blues.
- Liverpool will give Joe Gomez the chance to make his mark in pre-season, despite a number of Premier League clubs showing interest in the defender.
- Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez is understood to have held further talks with managing director Lee Charnley on transfers, as Chris Smalling and Lucas Leiva are linked with the club.
- Serie A outfit Atalanta are interested in signing Vito Mannone.
- Victor Lindelof, the new £30.7million Manchester United signing, was targeted by Aston Villa in 2015 and would have been available for a fraction of the price.
- Tony Xia considered buying West Bromwich Albion before he was swayed by the size of Aston Villa
- Stoke City would want far more than the £18m – plus £12m add-ons – Everton will pay for Sunderland’s Jordan Pickford if they were selling Jack Butland.
- Thomas Tuchel was not on the shortlist to become Southampton’s next manager
- Burnley’s new head of European recruitment Ian Butterworth said the Clarets are keen to bring more players in from overseas as domestic market values continue to rise.
- Preston are set to sign Declan Rudd from Norwich. The goalkeeper previously had two loan spells at Deepdale.
GET WEST LONDON
- Brentford midfielder Jota is not a target for Newcastle United
- Middlesbrough are interested in Nottingham Forest’s star striker Britt Assombalonga
- Bury’s interest in Blackpool defender Tom Aldred is believed to have cooled
- David Stockdale has hinted be did not expect to leave Albion. He said: “I was out of contract and some things don’t work out how you think they are going to work out.”
- Ipswich Town are reportedly interested in signing winger Lloyd Isgrove following his release by Premier League club Southampton.
- Promotion to the Championship could see Sheffield United bank more than £10 million next season, according to a football finance expert.
- New Rangers signing Ryan Jack expected a backlash following his move from Aberdeen due to the “hatred” between the fans of the two clubs.