LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea plan to offer Romelu Lukaku higher wages than Diego Costa currently earns in order to bring him back to Stamford Bridge.
- Arsene Wenger says he will be “on alert 24 hours a day” as Arsenal look to complete their transfer business before the start of pre-season.
- Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina has admitted that he is ‘flattered’ by the interest of Premier League clubs Arsenal and Watford.
- Ryan Sessegnon can become one of the “world’s best”, according to Fulham team-mate Stefan Johansen.
- Michy Batshuayi has admitted his future remains in the hands of Chelsea as the striker admitted he expects a “few phone calls” about a potential move away from Stamford Bridge this summer.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Man City have joined the race for Juventus full-back Sandro, according to reports in Italy.
- Benfica defender Victor Lindelof says he is trying to ignore the speculation surrounding a potential move to Manchester United .
- Nolito could be leaving Manchester City sooner rather than later after being pictured with Sevilla’s sporting director.
- Chinese Super League champions Guangzhou Evergrande won’t be signing Rooney this summer, says club vice president Liu Yongzhuo.
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has revealed he would “love” to see Virgil van Dijk in a Liverpool shirt.
- Jurgen Klopp has hinted Liverpool are planning to spend big this summer by declaring: “you won’t get a badge for a positive transfer balance.”
- Reports in Italy are claiming Everton’s first summer signing could be Lazio winger Keita Balde.
- Seb Larsson has not ruled out signing a new deal at Sunderland – with the midfielder hinting he would like to stay in England, despite interest from China and Turkey.
- Florian Lejeune has been offered a double-your-money deal by Newcastle United, as the Magpies look to make their second major breakthrough in the summer market.
- Burton Albion midfielder Jackson Irvine is a target for Aston Villa, according to reports in Australia.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Every potential signing will have the involvement of new boss Nuno Espirito Santo, managing director Laurie Dalrymple has stated.
- Sampdoria have become the latest club to express an interest in Villa left-back Jordan Amavi.
- Stoke have been linked to Feyenoord defender Miquel Nelom.
- Connor Mahoney is close to a Blackburn Rovers exit with the winger attracting interest from the Sky Bet Championship.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- New Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani has revealed on social media when he will conduct interviews with potential candidates to replace Garry Monk as manager, saying they will start this week.
- Nottingham Forest have been linked with a move to add Lee Carsley to their coaching staff.
- Nottingham Forest are said to be tracking Dijon striker Mamadou Thiam, along with a number of other Sky Bet Championship clubs.
- Liam Noble faces crunch talks with Forest Green Rovers over his future as Notts County’s move for the midfielder hangs in the balance.
- Patrick Bamford returned to Rockliffe Park this week to begin pre-season ahead of schedule.
- Ben Gibson admits Middlesbrough’s players are itching to know who’ll be in charge of the club next season just as much as the supporters.
- Former Swansea City boss Francesco Guidolin has turned down a lucrative offer to manage Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning, according to reports.
- Reading goalkeeper Jonathan Bond could be on the move to Walsall.
- Huddersfield Town are favourites to sign striker Chris Wood from arch rivals Leeds United.
- Huddersfield Town have been linked with a move for RSC Anderlecht defender Kara Mbodji.
- Jake Gosling has signed for National League side Torquay United after leaving Bristol Rovers.
- He has been linked with Newcastle United and Aston Villa in the past, but now Frenchman Christophe Galtier has emerged as a surprise contender for the Crystal Palace job.
- Crystal Palace have competition from a number of European sides in the race to sign Senegalese international Famara Diedhiou, according to reports in France.
- Brighton are reportedly closing in on signing a new goalkeeper, amid reports that David Stockdale could be on his way to Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace are one of a number of clubs said to be interested in non-league star Matt Briggs, but it looks like the Dorking Wanderers winger will be staying put for now.