MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Pep Guardiola faces a battle with former club Bayern Munich to sign Alexis Sanchez. The German champions believe the Arsenal striker is intent on a move to the Allianz Arena and are prepared to offer him a deal worth £230,000-a-week.
- Monaco playmaker Bernardo Silva flew into Manchester on Thursday night as odds were slashed on him becoming Pep Guardiola’s first signing of the summer.
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has prioritised four key signings in the summer transfer window.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Marco Silva has resigned as head coach of Hull City after seeing himself become the leading candidate to replace Sam Allardyce at Crystal Palace.
- Slaven Bilic has warned it will not be easy for West Ham to secure their top transfer targets this summer.
- Bertrand Traore is hopeful he has done enough to secure a place in Chelsea’s first-team squad next season.
- Steven Gerrard is convinced that Jurgen Klopp will attract some stellar signings this summer as he warned Liverpool must “seize the moment” following the club’s return to the Champions League.
- Everton target Davy Klaassen believes nobody would blame him if he left Ajax this summer.
- Former Everton striker Lacina Traore wants a Premier League return.
- Newcastle United defender Grant Hanley is wanted by a host of Championship clubs, with Derby County leading the chase for his signature.
- Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is reportedly interested in the Sunderland job, while the Black Cats also have Paul Lambert and Garry Monk on their shortlist.
- Derby County are set to rival Aston Villa to land Burnley winger George Boyd this summer.
- Former Birmingham City and West Brom defender Darren Purse has joined Enfield Town’s new management set-up.
- Shay Given leads a cast of six Stoke City players departing the club this summer.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves are in talks with Nuno Espirito Santo as they close in on their next boss, the Express & Star understands.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Southampton have released Cuco Martina, Martin Caceres, Lloyd Isgrove and teenager Harley Willard at the end of their contracts.
- Tony Mowbray believes Connor Mahoney will “test the market” and doesn’t expect the attacker to sign a new deal at Blackburn Rovers this summer.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea City head coach Paul Clement has praised the work of the club’s owners and chairman, insisting he has full trust in their plans moving forward.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Andrea Radrizzani vowed to move on with “no regrets” after Garry Monk quit his job as Leeds United head coach and left him looking for a new first-team boss just two days into his reign as owner.
- Notts County are closing in on their second summer signing after fending off Port Vale in the chase for Hartlepool United’s Lewis Alessandra.
- Fresh from agreeing a contract extension, boss Carlos Carvalhal has revealed he wants to sign “four or five players” to strengthen his squad.
- Garry Monk will find himself near the top of Watford owner Gino Pozzo’s shortlist to be the club’s head coach should he miss out on first choice Marco Silva.