Wilfred Ndidi has emphatically stated his commitment to Leicester City in denying a report linking him to Manchester United.
A report had cited a person claiming to be Ndidi’s agent as saying the 20-year-old would be open to a move if Jose Mourinho came calling.
But after the story spread to English news outlets, Ndidi said he did not know the purported agent, writing on Twitter:
Please be informed this information is not true, I'm 200% with Leicester and i dont know this person called Hakeem bello pic.twitter.com/tafqTJ174b
— Ndidi Wilfred (@Ndidi25) April 6, 2017
Earlier this week various reports suggested that Manchester United as well as Arsenal could be in line to lure Ndidi away from Leicester.
Wilfred Ndidi signed for the Foxes in January from Belgian side Genk, and his performances have played a part in their rise up the Premier League table to mid-table safety.
Ndidi has the support of his manager as well, with Craig Shakespeare this week praising Leicester’s recruitment department for landing the midfielder for a reported £17 million.
“We did a lot of homework on him and I think we were one of the first clubs, if not the first, to show an interest in him,” Shakespeare said. “I think he, and his family and agent, remembered that so we were in the driving seat. When other clubs came in for him he remembered the way we went about it first. He had other options.
“From what you’re seeing so far, we’ve got a good player on our hands.”
Speaking on speculation surrounding midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, City boss Craig Shakespeare also admitted he would expect bids for the club’s best players, but said they can always be rejected.
“I have no problem with speculation, but we have our best players tied up,” said Shakespeare.
“Of course, there can always be bids, we can always turn them down. But football is football, you’ll always get bids for good players.”