- Arsenal are stepping up their interest in Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford after they watched him in action against Watford.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- N’Golo Kante says he joined Chelsea over Arsenal because the Blues showed a bigger interest in securing his signature.
- Inter Milan appear to have conceded defeat in their quest to make Chelsea coach Antonio Conte their new manager.
- Tottenham are hopeful Hugo Lloris will recover from illness in time to feature against Watford, live on Sky Sports.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has denied reports he is set to force through a move to Manchester United.
- Fabian Delph is keen to stay at Manchester City next season despite a lack of playing time under Pep Guardiola.
- Jurgen Klopp is facing a major selection headache ahead of Saturday’s match at Stoke with Philippe Coutinho a doubt due to illness.
- Everton legend Kevin Ratcliffe has questioned Ronald Koeman’s team selection for the Merseyside derby and his decision to substitute Kevin Mirallas at Old Trafford.
- Aston Villa technical director Steve Round and head of domestic scouting Tony Coton are believed to have been watching summer targets in the clash between Hannover and Union Berlin in Bundesliga 2 last weekend.
- Former Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett insists he has nothing to prove as he prepares to return to St Andrew’s with new club Derby County.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Director Jeff Shi says Walter Zenga’s appointment at Wolves was his biggest mistake since last summer’s Fosun takeover at Molineux.
- Craig Shakespeare has revealed he warned Yohan Benalouane to calm down when he first arrived at Leicester because he was too aggressive in training.
- Mark Hughes has played down reports Stoke are about to make a move to sign Manchester United defender Luke Shaw.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Claude Puel will “see how different players recover” before deciding whether to hand Martin Caceres his first Southampton appearance against West Brom on Saturday.
- Sean Dyche has confirmed George Boyd is “one of many” Burnley players in line for a new deal.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Dean Smith has backed Romaine Sawyers to win over his doubters at Brentford after a goalscoring contribution to their win over Leeds.
- Chris Baird says he would love to stay at Derby next season with his current deal set to expire this summer.
THE PINK UN
- Norwich City fans want new sporting director Stuart Webber to go after David Wagner in his search for a head coach.
- Stuart Armstrong has laughed off the suggestion from comedian James Corden that he should swap Celtic for West Ham.
- Jaap Stam insists Joseph Mendes does have a future at Reading and just needs more time to adapt.
- Dale Stephens will wait until the end of the season before entering talks over a new Brighton contract.