MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Jordan Pickford would be taking a “backward step” were the Sunderland goalkeeper to join Man City only to sit on the club’s bench next season, says David Moyes.
- Real Madrid want to sell both James Rodriguez and Alvaro Morata this summer in order to raise £160m, say reports in Spain, with the duo having been linked with moves to Man Utd next season,
- Man Utd will have to fork out £100m to lure Everton striker Romelu Lukaku to Old Trafford this summer, according to reports in the British press.
- Jose Mourinho has made the addition of a new frontman his number one priority for the summer transfer window, with the Portuguese reportedly pondering moves for Romelu Lukaku and Antoine Griezmann.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants Alexis Sanchez to join PSG rather than a Premier League rival if the Chilean leaves the Emirates at the end of the season, according to reports.
- West Brom manager Tony Pulis says he let Brendan Galloway return to Everton because he could not promise the defender regular football at the Hawthorns.
- Lionel Messi is against Barcelona re-signing Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu this summer, say reports in Spain.
- Liverpool are no longer in the running to land unsettled Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez next season, according to reports in Spain.
- Lucas Leiva has still to decide if he will stay at Liverpool next season, with the Brazilian understood to want more regular first-team football at Anfield if he does opt to stay.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Departing Chelsea captain John Terry insists he still has plenty to offer and will play on at a new club next season.
- West Brom are John Terry’s most likely next destination if he remains in the Premier League, according to the latest betting odds.
- Napoli are interested in signing Sunderland winger Jeremain Lens when the Dutchman’s loan spell at Fenerbahce finishes at the end of the season, according to reports in the Italian media.
- Sunderland boss David Moyes is believed to have been impressed with Southampton striker Sam Gallagher’s displays while on loan at Blackburn this season.
- And contrary to some reports this morning, the Scot’s job at the Stadium of Light is not thought to be under threat, despite the Black Cats’ precarious position at the foot of the Premier League.
- West Brom look like missing out on both Brighton defender Lewis Dunk and Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac this summer.
- Baggies boss Tony Pulis has admitted the club may have to sell Jonny Evans this summer if a big offer comes in for the defender.
- Pulis is also interested in signing Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross for next season, say reports in British press.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom have been given a lift with the news that John Terry is keen to carry on playing after leaving Chelsea this summer.
- Out-of-favour Stoke midfielder Giannelli Imbula could move to Galatasaray on loan next season, say reports in Turkey.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Southampton intend to keep in-demand defender Virgil van Dijk at St Mary’s this summer despite Lander Sports deciding not to buy a £200m stake in the south coast club.
- Gary Rowett has admitted the balance of Derby County’s squad is not quite right at the moment.
- Highly rated Nottingham Forest forward Ben Brereton, who turns 18 today, can now officially put pen to paper on a new deal at the City Ground.
- Jorge Grant has not ruled out an end-of-season switch to city rivals Notts County, the club the midfielder has been at on loan since January.