LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Pep Guardiola has refused to comment on whether Manchester City are interested in signing Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez this summer, saying now is not the moment to talk about the club’s transfer plans.
- Eric Dier says Tottenham’s fringe players have stepped up and helped the club keep the heat on Chelsea in the Premier League title race.
- QPR director of football Les Ferdinand believes the Championship run-in will give manager Ian Holloway a crucial opportunity to assess his squad ahead of the summer transfer window.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola has all but confirmed the striker will stay at Manchester United – if they qualify for the Champions League.
- Manchester City are ‘pushing hard’ to sign Monaco superstar Kylian Mbappe, according to reports.
- But Manchester City look set to miss out on Atalanta midfielder Franck Kessie, according to reports.
- Everton could make a £2m profit on Aiden McGeady with a permanent move for the winger to Preston in the summer.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says he’s noticing Mamadou Sakho’s form for Crystal Palace but he refused to be drawn on his or Daniel Sturridge’s Reds future.
- Mo Besic could make his long-awaited return to the Everton first team before the end of the season – provided he proves his fitness at U23 level.
- Agent Roberto De Fanti says Vito Mannone and Fabio Borini are “destined” to leave Sunderland this summer.
- Stoke City boss Mark Hughes has dismissed speculation linking club captain Ryan Shawcross with a move to Newcastle United in the summer.
- Sunderland starlet Jordan Pickford says he would never join bitter rivals Newcastle United.
- Gianfranco Zola believes his Birmingham City team will not need major surgery during the summer to turn performances into results.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Andreas Weimann says he’s still in the dark on his long-term Wolves future – but is loving life at the club.
- Steve Bruce has vowed to do all he can to keep Jonathan Kodjia after warning it would take a “colossal sum of money” to prise the striker from Villa this summer.
- Mark Hughes admits chances for Saido Berahino have been at a premium in his first five starts for Stoke … but he has been impressed with his attitude and training as he strives to get back to being a “top level” striker next season.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Claude Puel plans to give right-back Jeremy Pied a chance to play before the end of the season.
- Robbie Brady is showing signs he’s finally fitting in to the Burnley way of playing, according to Clarets skipper Tom Heaton.
- Sean Dyche is not surprised by the scintillating form of Romelu Lukaku after revealing he tried to sign Everton talisman years ago.
- Eddie Howe admits he is scouring the lower leagues in a bid to unearth the next Dele Alli.
- The Bournemouth boss has also dismissed speculation linking defender Steve Cook with Everton and insisted his focus was on adding “quality” to his Cherries squad.
- On-loan midfielder Julien de Sart has not given up hope of winning back a place in Derby County’s team.
- Derby County have been linked with a move for Rangers forward Michael O’Halloran.
- Evangelos Marinakis is understood to be closing on a deal to takeover Nottingham Forest.
- Nottingham Forest will not panic if Ben Brereton’s contract situation is not resolved immediately on his 18th birthday – with Mark Warburton insisting he is relaxed about the future of the highly-rated striker.
- Victor Valdes is settled and happy at Boro and focused on trying to help the club find the results they need to avoid the drop in the “seven cup finals” that remain this season.
- Tomer Hemed is set for summer talks to stretch his stay with promotion pushing Albion.
- Derby County forward Johnny Russell could be a target for Huddersfield Town – if Steve McClaren is appointed Head of Football Operations at the John Smith’s Stadium.
- Brendan Rodgers believes that Scott Sinclair would be an ideal fit for England as Gareth Southgate’s side prepare to take on Scotland at Hampden in June.