Atletico Madrid President Not Planning To Boycott Prematch Meal At Real Madrid Over Theo Hernandez Speculation

share on:

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has dismissed suggestions he could boycott the prematch meal at Real Madrid on Saturday because Real have been linked with youngster Theo Hernandez next summer.

Left-back Theo, 19, has impressed on loan at Alaves and Marca reported earlier this week that Real would pay his €24 million release clause, breaking an unwritten gentlemen’s agreement preventing such transfers between the clubs.

A report on “El Transistor” claimed Atletico chiefs were angered by Madrid’s behaviour and would not attend the traditional meeting withBlancos president Florentino Perez before the teams meet in the derbi.

However, Cerezo told reporters he was unaware of any Madrid interest in Theo.

“I say the same as always — that whenever there is an important game, out comes a story about some transfer or signing, that someone is leaving or someone is staying.

“Real Madrid have not made any contact with us, not for the player or to organise the meal.

“We are invited to the Bernabeu on Saturday the same as we have been for many years.”

Cerezo said his relationship with the Madrid hierarchy was good, adding: “Why would a meal between friends before a game be in danger?

“Our attendance is confirmed as always. We will speak about Theo, this issue, others, lots of things.”

Source

TheTega

TheTega

"Tega is a writer/OAP, Lover of all things Tech, Sports and TV Series"

Leave a Reply