Khan-Pacquiao Fight Is Off

share on:
Amir Khan & Manny Pacquiao agree fight

Manny Pacquiao’s proposed fight against Amir Khan has been called off according to Bob Arum, PacMan’s promoter.

The two welterweight boxers announced their superfight on Twitter at the end of February, with only the location left to be determined.

The UAE was a proposed location for the fight, but Bob Arum says the fight between Khan and Pacquiao is now dead in the water.

Speaking to ESPN, Arum said: “[Pacquiao’s adviser] Michael (Koncz) is on his way back to meet with Manny but it’s kaddish for the UAE deal. It’s dead.

“I’m talking to him about another proposal for another fight, not Khan. Khan won’t be Manny’s next opponent.”

Pacquiao, 38, who currently holds the WBO welterweight title, had tweeted last month: “Negotiations between team Pacquiao and team Khan have come to terms for the April 23 bout as this is what the fans wanted.”

Khan had posted in February: “My team and I have agreed terms with Manny Pacquiao and his team for a super fight #pacquiaokhan #April23rd.”

OneTife

OneTife

I solemnly promise to deliver dope sports news and keep you informed of the major happenings in the sporting world. So help me God. I'm an awesome Electrical engineer in the making.

Leave a Reply