The reigning (and first unanimous) MVP of the NBA, Steph Curry turns 29 today and to celebrate the father of two, I’ve gathered a couple interesting facts about Curry.
- His full name is Wardell Stephen Curry II, named after his dad who simply goes by Dell Curry. Even though the whole world refers to him as Steph, his close friends and family still choose to call his full birth name according to Steph himself.
- He was born in the same Ohio town of Akron as Lebron James. Actually, the two superstars were born in the same Summa Akron City Hospital though 39 months apart.
- Steph Curry holds the record for the most three pointers made in both the NBA and the NCAA, last year he made a record 402 threes in the regular NBA season and in his sophomore year in College at Davidson, he hit 162 threes and still holds the record for the most threes made.
- As a kid, he starred alongside his father in a Burger King commercial
- His mother fines him every time he commits over three turnovers in a game, four turnovers and he has to pay $100, five turnovers and the fine is $200, six turnovers and it’s $300.. You get the drill. With the way Steph plays, his mum must be needing something bigger than a jar for the fines.
- Steph Curry has a great fear of Snakes
- At the moment, he’s been at the Warriors for the longest compared to his teammates as he got drafted in 2009
- He wears the number 30 to honor his dad.
- His favorite TV show is How To Get Away With Murder
- He first met fellow superstar teammate Kevin Durant when he was 10 years old. Durant when asked about that meeting said “I walk in the gym and this guy’s stepping across half court just pulling jump shots. Splash. Splash. And when we played him, he had like 35 and he was like 10 years old. I was like, who is this? And 10 years later … that was Steph Curry.”