- Emre Can has less than 18 months to run on his Liverpool contract and Juventus are monitoring the situation.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Theo Walcott today urged his Arsenal team-mates to put their infighting behind them and string together a run of results to save Arsene Wenger’s job.
- Leyton Orient fans have raised more than £60,000 of the initial £250,000 they believe they need to revive the struggling League Two club.
- Chelsea plan to hold talks with Nathaniel Chalobah at the end of the season over a new contract. The club want to reward the 22-year-old for breaking into the first-team squad this term with an extension.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City have opened contract negotiations with Jadon Sancho over a new long-term deal to fend off interest from Arsenal.
- Gabriel Jesus can ease the burden on Brazil team-mate Neymar after seamlessly adapting to life in the Premier League, according to former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva.
- Pep Guardiola is confident of tying up a £30m summer move for Real Madrid star Isco, according to reports.
- Former Manchester United coach Albert Stuivenberg has portrayed Louis van Gaal as a distant coach during his turbulent two-year reign as the club’s manager.
- Robert Lewandowski’s agent has dismissed the possibility of a transfer to Manchester United.
- Sunderland are bracing themselves for a summer bid from Manchester City for talented goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, according to reports.
- Michael Ledger has completed his loan switch to Viking Stavanger.
- West Bromwich Albion will hand a second trial to 16-year-old goalkeeper Zac Jones with a view to him joining the academy.
- Steve Bruce is yet to decide whether to offer Chris Samba a contract at Aston Villa.
- Nottingham Forest are reported to be ready to sell young defender Joe Worrall, alerting Stoke City and “several other top-flight clubs”.
THE DAILY EHCO
- Southampton are adamant that they will not rush Virgil van Dijk’s injury comeback.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Steven Caulker, Jordan Cousins and Jack Robinson are close to being available to return to the QPR squad.
- While the focus remains on the pitch for Burnley as they try and finish the job and secure their Premier League survival, boss Sean Dyche also has one eye on summer transfer plans.
- Bournemouth striker Joe Quigley could be on the verge of earning international recognition with the Republic of Ireland.
- Derby County’s record signing Matej Vydra is hungry for more goals after ending his scoring drought.
- Brighton & Hove Albion central defender Vegard Forren has turned down Champions League football to help the Seagulls’ promotion push.
- Brighton boss Chris Hughton has saluted the “outstanding” goalscoring contribution of Anthony Knockaert to Albion’s promotion challenge.
- Alan Knill hailed Sheffield United’s mental strength after watching them increase their lead at the top of the League One table.