MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Atletico Madrid defender Jose Gimenez is keen on a summer transfer to Manchester United.
- Paul Scholes believes Manchester United will seal their return to the Champions League by winning the Europa League and finishing fourth in the Premier League.
- Wayne Rooney may not be inundated with offers from the United States if he leaves Old Trafford this summer, according to Houston Dynamo chief Chris Canetti.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Mesut Ozil says that he believes he is “singled out” for criticism when Arsenal’s form slumps.
- Daniel Levy today admitted he is unsure whether this will be Tottenham’s final year at White Hart Lane – less than two months before the end of the season.
- West Ham could delay offering manager Slaven Bilic a new contract until the middle of next season following a worrying dip in form.
- Meanwhile, Aaron Cresswell’s public support of Slaven Bilic this week may not save the full-back from being dropped from the first team.
- Sven-Goran Eriksson has told Jurgen Klopp there is no point being angry about Adam Lallana returning to Liverpool injured from England duty.
- Yannick Bolasie says contract rebel Romelu Lukaku “has his plan” – and that “you can’t really stop that”.
- Paddy McNair has cut a frustrated figure on the sidelines during his lengthy injury absence – but is convinced he will return a stronger character for the experience.
- John O’Shea could be fit for Sunderland’s crucial Premier League clash with Watford despite missing the Republic of Ireland’s friendly defeat to Iceland.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Pulis has informed outgoing stalwart Jonas Olsson he will always be welcomed back at West Brom.
- Wolves goalkeeper Carl Ikeme is doubtful for Saturday’s clash with Cardiff as the Championship club continues to monitor a hamstring injury.
- Stoke’s hopes of landing Barcelona B captain Sergi Palencia could rest on who replaces Luis Enrique at the Camp Nou.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Chelsea will offer Nathan Ake to Southampton as makeweight as they look to lure Virgil van Dijk to Stamford Bridge.
- Blackburn defender Charlie Mulgrew hopes to have done enough during his two recent Scotland outings to have earned a regular spot in Gordon Strachan’s side.
- Claudio Ranieri has described his sacking by Leicester city as the most shocking experience of his managerial career.
GET WEST LONDON
- Queens Park Rangers cannot put a price on goalkeeper Alex Smithies, according to team-mate Jake Bidwell.
- Armand Traore has praised the impact new boss Mark Warburton has had at Nottingham Forest.
THE PINK UN
- Interim boss Alan Irvine has urged Norwich to be promotion party-poopers when they return to Championship action at Aston Villa.
- Liam Rosenior believes Brighton have the perfect blend to clinch promotion to the Premier League.
- Jordan Rhodes believes Sheffield Wednesday has ‘eight cup finals’ standing in front of them as they look to secure promotion.
- Huddersfield have received a timely boost ahead of the Championship promotion run-in with the news midfielder Jonathan Hogg is due to return to training following a neck injury.
- Stuart Armstrong could be the latest player to tie up his long-term future to Celtic after confirming negotiations are underway to extend his current deal at Parkhead.