MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller is now keen on a move to Old Trafford, according to reports in Spain.
- Bacary Sagna is putting his future to one side as he puts his efforts into the Herculean task of keeping a clean sheet at Monaco.
- Bayern Munich are reportedly preparing a swoop for Liverpool summer target Julian Brandt, according to reports in Germany.
- John Barnes believes Daniel Sturridge should remain at Liverpool despite persistent reports linking the striker with a move away from Anfield.
- Farhad Moshiri has moved to reassure Everton supporters by describing Romelu Lukaku’s rejection of a new contract as “not an issue”.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea will be asked to pay a British record fee for a centre-forward if they attempt to re-sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton.
- Kevin De Bruyne has revealed he asked for Chelsea training to be made public in a bid to prove Jose Mourinho wrong during his first spell in English football.
- Jeff Reine-Adelaide has revealed he is being inspired by Arsenal greats Thierry Henry and Robert Pires as he looks to carve out a role in Arsene Wenger’s first team.
- Adnan Januzaj rejects the idea that loanees care less about the fate of their temporary employers – insisting that keeping Sunderland in the Premier League is a matter of pride for him.
- Sevilla star Vicente Iborra has lifted the lid on his summer transfer to Sunderland that never was, saying that the La Liga club eventually decided they wanted to keep him.
- Tim Krul is to return to Newcastle United in the summer once his loan deal with AZ Alkmaar finishes at the end of the season.
- Mo Diame believes international retirement will allow him to be “fresh”, perform to his best and meet the “big expectations” on him at Newcastle United .
- Saido Berahino admits it is time for him to “be a man” after revealing the uncertainty around his career scared him during his troubled time at West Bromwich Albion.
- Birmingham City will continue looking at Hednesford youngster Remeao Hutton – but will not be following up their interest in two other trialists, Tom Rosenthal or Jevani Brown.
EXPRESS & STAR
- James McClean’s relentless work rate will always make him valuable to the Baggies, according to team-mate Marc Wilson.
- Steve Bruce has vowed to help Aston Villa’s academy “take back the city” when it comes to recruiting the region’s best young prospects.
- Wilfried Bony is likely to get little sympathy from Stoke City’s management team after a second outburst about his lack of playing opportunities.
- Marc Muniesa is taking notes from pal Sergi Roberto’s rise to prominence at Barcelona as he refuses to give up on his time at Stoke without a fight.
- Michael Keane believes he has grown in confidence as a player with Burnley after making his 50th Premier League appearance in the defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
- Jack Wilshere says a fear of rejection is driving him on during his year-long stay with Cherries.
- Leicester City are tracking Nigerian international winger Peter Etebo, according to reports.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- An upbeat Kyle Bartley said he was determined to enjoy the Championship run-in and the closing stages of Leeds United’s bid for promotion with the pressure rising ahead of Saturday’s game against Brighton at Elland Road.
- Gary Rowett has been assured he has full say on football matters at Derby County.
- Joe McClaren, son of former Derby County boss Steve, is set to stay on as a scout in Gary Rowett’s backroom team, according to reports.
- Nicklas Bendtner has made a “really good impression” since signing for Rosenborg from Nottingham Forest.
THE PINK UN
- Roy Hodgson is understood to be advising Norwich City of their next move in the managerial merry-go-round which has struck the Championship, but is reluctant to take fill the club’s vacancy himself.
- Jaap Stam has hinted he may walk away from Reading if the uncertainty of the club’s takeover continues.
- Anthony Knockaert is fearless about facing Leeds and the rest of Brighton’s promotion push, saying the Seagulls do not fear anyone.
- Huddersfield Town striker Nahki Wells is confident Collin Quaner will start firing for Huddersfield this season if he sticks at what he is doing.
- Crystal Palace goalkeeper Steve Mandanda has hit out at suggestions that he has agreed a deal to return to his old club Marseille.
- Bakary Sako has fuelled talk of a return to his old club Wolverhampton Wanderers after retweeting a couple of posts on social media.
- Chung-Yong Lee is determined to be involved in the Premier League campaign run-in for the club.
- Celtic winger Patrick Roberts has set his sights on remaining unbeaten for the rest of the season, something he says would eclipse anything he has achieved in his career so far.
- Stuart Armstong has praised Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers for “revitalising” his career as he now looks to earn his first Scotland cap.